Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Murphy did show some pace and tbf, he didn't hide, but if we only have 25 places in the squad then he should go out on loan before Anderson.

I agree but let's face it he's useless.

9 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Houllier bought Finnan and riise.

He bought Gamez for us who played like 3 games.  Glen Johnson for 16m wa a ridiculous price for Liverpool.

Gamez was a weird one and seemed like a dressing room signing like, strange.

Glen Johnson should have been a great signing imo and iirc did end up being decent for Liverpool.

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Murphy aside I think everyone performed well enough to show they have a place like.

It's likely that Eddie sees this back four as his first choice, Botman will probably have to wait for his chance like Bruno did.

Totally agree.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's likely that Eddie sees this back four as his first choice, Botman will probably have to wait for his chance like Bruno did.

20 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

What we saying about Zapata ?

He’s a beast. Don’t read to much into todays training practise, that player should have been in the PL years ago hes ready made for it 

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

That's probably because he never gave the ball away cheeply about 40 times in a row like.

Colback never gave the ball away cheaply either because he was mostly passing sideways or back. I'm not a fan of Murphy either, I already said I'd rather send him out on loan rather than Elliott, but I will give some credit for players who show for the ball and try to break the opposition defence lines.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Gamez was a weird one and seemed like a dressing room signing like, strange.

Glen Johnson should have been a great signing imo and iirc did end up being decent for Liverpool.

Don't forget about Achraf Lazaar! Still no idea why he barely got any chances.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Looking at the line up tonight you can't tell. Botman has also been involved basically all preseason, whilst Bruno was signed towards the end of the January window. You maybe right of course.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

For clarification, I think Botman may be on the bench when the season kicks off proper.

I think he’ll start with one of either Burn or Schär. Probably Burn. 

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Murphy did show some pace and tbf, he didn't hide, but if we only have 25 places in the squad then he should go out on loan before Anderson.

You know Anderson doesn't count in the 25 right

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

For clarification, I think Botman may be on the bench when the season kicks off proper.

Yep. Like Bruno he will have to prove his worth over those holding the shirt currently. It will happen of course, but those lads deserve respect for what they did last season.

Thought it was a pretty dull match like. Very pre season kickabout-like.

Thought Almiron and Longstaff did well. They didn't trouble us much.

Really don't think Anderson is up to scratch quite yet. I think I'd loan him out.  

1 minute ago, LV said:

I think he’ll start with one of either Burn or Schär. Probably Burn. 

My thoughts are that Botman hasn't experienced the Premier league yet so Howe will play safe and start with Schar and Burn.

Just now, Rod said:

My thoughts are that Botman hasn't experienced the Premier league yet so Howe will play safe and start with Schar and Burn.

You may well be right. 

We’ll see soon.