Underrated players

The Prophet

Must have been either the Roeder or Allardyce transfer window.

"I've been told Newcastle have asked Luque for reports on me," Joaquin told the News of the World. 

"That is good news as far as I'm concerned - I hope he told them nice things. 

"It would be beautiful to have him as a team-mate and play alongside somebody like Owen who is one of the best strikers in the world."

17 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Always have a soft spot for a lot of dudes from that mid-00s Premier era like Berbatov, Viduka, Kanu, Morten Gamst Pederson, John Arne Riise, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Anekla, etc.

Santa Cruz, Yakubu, Bentley, Hitzelsberger, etc. Aye decent era.

Around this time Matt Taylor seemed to score a worldie every other month.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Eidur Gudjohnsen. Brilliant player, similar in style to Bergkamp but probably gets lost amongst the millions Chelsea ended up spending.

Was crucial in Mourinhos first season.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Have to mention Rivaldo. I feel like he's often completely forgotten about. Tall, classy, elegant player with great skill and a powerful left foot. 

Great shout. An absolute unbelievable player.

What a generation that was. Would be the best player in the world right now but back then there was Zidane etc.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Great shout. An absolute unbelievable player.

What a generation that was. Would be the best player in the world right now but back then there was Zidane etc.

Yeah, there were so many quality players back then I agree. Always thought he was class though, had such a unique style of play, and on his day was a real showman. Loved him back in the day.

18 minutes ago, STM said:

Eidur Gudjohnsen. Brilliant player, similar in style to Bergkamp but probably gets lost amongst the millions Chelsea ended up spending.

Was crucial in Mourinhos first season.

Always seemed to score against us, the twat.

A striker that doesn't get remembered as often when his generation is being discussed that was an absolute terror in his prime is Christian Vieri. Lethal striker in his day.

On 13/05/2022 at 16:08, KaKa said:

A striker that doesn't get remembered as often when his generation is being discussed that was an absolute terror in his prime is Christian Vieri. Lethal striker in his day.

I remember him not celebrating goals. 

On 13/05/2022 at 21:08, KaKa said:

Italy have had some great under rated strikers over the last couple of decades - the Inzaghi's, Luca Toni, Casiraghi, Montella

Is Emerson Royal as shit as people make out by the way? Carragher tore strips off him during commentary of our game so watched him closer since then and he doesn’t seem bad defending and looks a beast in attack. Maybe just finding his feet over here?

On 13/05/2022 at 21:08, KaKa said:

Batigol as well. He was great.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is Emerson Royal as shit as people make out by the way? Carragher tore strips off him during commentary of our game so watched him closer since then and he doesn’t seem bad defending and looks a beast in attack. Maybe just finding his feet over here?

Can't cross to save his life.

Looks a solid defender, athletic but v. limited technically.