Underrated players

The Prophet

Ian Wright, watch some of his goals , ridiculous finishing. Treated appallingly by Graham Taylor. The point about Serie A is so true , Signori was incredible uptop for Lazio but was nearly always played on the left for Italy . 

Albert. Proper ball playing centre half. Rampaged forward beautifully. Once saw him backheel a ball onto some fucker with utter panache for a goal kick when we were under pressure and hanging out for a win. Fucknose against who but it was a level of defensive class that we’ve rarely seen in my time. 
special mention to Venison for the bicycle kick goal line clearance and the best haircut in football ever. 

edit: and Frank Clarke. 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Agreed. For all the pissing and moaning about him, he’d have scored more goals the Wood in this team. 

He was fucking shite man. Wood pisses on him as a Premier League striker. Did he even make double figures?

42 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He was fucking shite man. Wood pisses on him as a Premier League striker. Did he even make double figures?

Can never be too full of hyperbole when you’re slagging Evil Chris who all the squad angrily don’t think is scum of the earth and fulfilled his one role of helping the club maintain PL status. Even more annoyingly this is worth way more than we paid for both him and the other Jan signings.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

A lot of Brighton players are underrated as well; Trussard, Webster, Lallana and maybe Alzate don’t seem to get the plaudits they deserve.

Aye, Adam Webster and Mohammed Salisu at Southampton are both really decent centre backs.

11 hours ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Agreed. For all the pissing and moaning about him, he’d have scored more goals the Wood in this team. 

Possibly he could have, but I don't think that classes him as being underrated though :lol: Generally he seems to be fairly rated imo. He had a high ceiling and low floor, and was very inconsistent. Could play a worldly one week and aimlessly bumble around the pitch the next getting caught offside, making stupid fouls and fumbling the ball more than controlling it.

17 hours ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Ian Wright, watch some of his goals , ridiculous finishing. Treated appallingly by Graham Taylor. The point about Serie A is so true , Signori was incredible uptop for Lazio but was nearly always played on the left for Italy . 

He was a one man wrecking crew, I think I posted something similar last month after coming across a biography on Sky, some of the finishes were outlandishly good. I think I always wanted a striker like that at Newcastle, his pace used to frighten the life out of defences.

On 09/05/2022 at 10:05, Kid Icarus said:

Ruel Fox

The players we sold to Tottenham had me perplexed as a six year old. Fox, Ginola, Ferdinand. What were we thinking? 

Belhadj from Portsmouth. 
Emmerson Boyce

Paul Scharner. 

I liked a lot of players from that Wigan team Martinez had. Except McManaman, the cunt. 

Edited by Astroblack

Underrated and overrated

Overrated at the time - he wasn't Maradona, the step over and shift was a bit Walters/Robben/Beagrie repetative and the slightest thing seemed raved about.

Underrated in the annals of time when you look back, feels almost forgotten now

the original Ronaldo

Edited by Wolfcastle

Nesta is one of those players that's in everyone's list.

For me he's one of those I only ever saw on those big CL nights or in International competitions and he was every bit as good as his reputation suggested.

I remember thinking "what's all this noise about this Seedorf fella?" And he just had everything. You never really saw such a clean technician in the PL at CM those days. Looked like he was built of granite. Controllling balls dead that came at him at weird angles. Silkiness on the ball like a 10. Pass it short, one touch, long, all there.

I love a skilful, powerful, quick central midfielder. Very rare. I always thought Pogba was a spiritual successor, Camavinga too.

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nesta is one of those players that's in everyone's list.

For me he's one of those I only ever saw on those big CL nights or in International competitions and he was every bit as good as his reputation suggested.

I remember thinking "what's all this noise about this Seedorf fella?" And he just had everything. You never really saw such a clean technician in the PL at CM those days. Looked like he was built of granite. Controllling balls dead that came at him at weird angles. Silkiness on the ball like a 10. Pass it short, one touch, long, all there.

I love a skilful, powerful, quick central midfielder. Very rare. I always thought Pogba was a spiritual successor, Camavinga too.

That whole Milan back four in the early 00 was on a different planet

Maldini

Nesta

Stam

Cafu