Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal (18/05/2022)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We’re taking Arsenal’s spot at the table next season. Acknowledge us. 

Yes, belief can't believe the negativity on here after the city result. The gap between City and Liverpool and rest of the league is massive man. Competing with the rest is absolutely achievable. 

What a fucking night! Unreal atmosphere (Wor Flags to thank for an unforgettable pre-game), and the players were, to a man, incredible. High press, quick passing, Wilson leading the line, Joe breaking up play like a beast, Bruno keeping everything ticking over beautifully. Just a perfect night. This is the reason I fell in love with this club. There’s nothing that compares on a night like tonight ❤️

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

What a fucking night! Unreal atmosphere (Wor Flags to thank for an unforgettable pre-game), and the players were, to a man, incredible. High press, quick passing, Wilson leading the line, Joe breaking up play like a beast, Bruno keeping everything ticking over beautifully. Just a perfect night. This is the reason I fell in love with this club. There’s nothing that compares on a night like tonight ❤️

Couldn't agree more!

23 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

i always feel a bit bad for managers in these interviews, just repeated

'we were shit'

'why were you shit?'

'dunno just really shit'

'how shit were you?'

'very shit'

'you've really fucked it up you know'

'yes'

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Most improved team in Premier League history from 1st to 2nd half of the season. Unreal. Eddie's some boy like.

Confirmation of Bruce's ineptitude 

Just honestly reveling in this feeling. This pure anticipation, knowing this time it genuinely may not be a false dawn. All those times before when it felt like we might push on, it was always with a bit of reservation, since the fucking killer was in the house. Now? It feels like the entire club is on the same page, and we've got one fucking thing on our mind and the resources to secure it.

Just now, Mike said:

Just honestly reveling in this feeling. This pure anticipation, knowing this time it genuinely may not be a false dawn. All those times before when it felt like we might push on, it was always with a bit of reservation, since the fucking killer was in the house. Now? It feels like the entire club is on the same page, and we've got one fucking thing on our mind and the resources to secure it.

Nailed it.

It feels like we're back.

I've never completely lost faith in Longstaff. With the pressure off, he looked a lot more like the player that we thought he was two years ago. I'd like him to stay.

You feel sorry a wee bit for the lads that have passed away, during Ashley's tenure - they never got to see the club sold, what has happened since and what's hopefully coming in the very near future. But, for the rest of us......

Newcastle are back and it's gonna be one helluva ride! : :coolsmiley:

Just now, Cronky said:

It feels like we're back.

I've never completely lost faith in Longstaff. With the pressure off, he looked a lot more like the player that we thought he was two years ago. I'd like him to stay.

Longstaff has to stay man, absolutely. You can see his fitness is right up there now and it improves him so much. He's just not one that can be out on the pitch without being in top physical condition, it drops his levels too much, as he isn't naturally a top athlete necessarily.

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

You feel sorry a wee bit for the lads that have passed away, during Ashley's tenure - they never got to see the club sold, what has happened since and what's hopefully coming in the very near future. But, for the rest of us......

Newcastle are back and it's gonna be one helluva ride! : :coolsmiley:

:lol: Ah man tell me why I was just thinking about the lads we've lost here.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Ah man tell me why I was just thinking about the lads we've lost here.

Under Ashley, I had resigned myself to the fact that I'd never see Newcastle win a major trophy in my life time (am now 49)

But now, there is hope. :)