Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 22/05/22 @ 4pm (No UK TV)

Decky

Huge game this. This and the Arsenal match are games against two sides with it all to play for (not Arsenal anymore LOL), we need to show our focus and ability. Last nights game against a team we'll be competing with, and Sunday's against a side we're leaving behind. Got to win this.

5 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Massively depends on the Everton situation. If Burnley can send them down, I hope we roll over.

If not, a nice end of season blow out would be just lovely to finish off what has been a most enjoyable year.

Just can't get behind that as much as I'd like Everton to go down, if we win we could be looking at a top half finish a brilliant achievement given where we were before Howe took over and makes our success harder to ignore.

8 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Just can't get behind that as much as I'd like Everton to go down, if we win we could be looking at a top half finish a brilliant achievement given where we were before Howe took over and makes our success harder to ignore.

I think you are a better man than I, and I commend you for it. I'm just a bitter old man desperate for a bit of schadenfreude.  :)

Fuck what happens to Everton. We have bigger intentions and that's not being arrogant. If next season we are competing side by side with Everton something has gone severely wrong. Everton will go nowhere under Lampard, especially with them morons running the club.

Strategically I want Leeds to go down so we can chew on their carcass.

Let's just beat Burnley and see what happens. Might get an extra penny in the kitty in the summer if we can finished higher up too.

Away end will be class on Sunday. Is it likely on Sky?

1 hour ago, Scotty66 said:

To think this could have been a relegation decider under bacon breath. 

Actually it definitely would have been. 

Actually nah we would already be down. 

Love you Eddie! 

It would have just been them putting the nail in our lowest ever points total ever.

25 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Massively depends on the Everton situation. If Burnley can send them down, I hope we roll over.

If not, a nice end of season blow out would be just lovely to finish off what has been a most enjoyable year.

Ideally we will win, but Burnley will have beaten Villa tomorrow

1 hour ago, Scotty66 said:

To think this could have been a relegation decider under bacon breath. 

Actually it definitely would have been. 

Actually nah we would already be down. 

Love you Eddie! 

We would have been down ages ago. 

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I think after the game regardless if they stay up or go down, as a good will gesture, we give them Cris Wood back 👍🏻

For a small fee of course.

We will win this. If we don't it could send Everton or Leeds down. Win-win. What a nice position to be in at this stage of the season deciding who goes down. I would never have believed it 6 months ago.