General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Just looked into our next fixtures.

Palace (H)

Wolves (A)

Arsenal (H)

Bournemouth (A)

We took just 3 points from these 4 fixtures last season.

Aye it's runs like this and the one pre-West Ham that makes me think we'll get around 70 points again but by drawing fewer and winning/losing more. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye it's runs like this and the one pre-West Ham that makes me think we'll get around 70 points again but by drawing fewer and winning/losing more. 

I think man city, Liverpool and arsenal are certainties for top 4. 

That leaves one spot available, we need to get the cunt 

Just now, Vaj said:

How likely is it that 5th becomes champions league? Is it purely based off the English teams performance in Europe this year? 

Yeah I think we'll be fine for one of the two highest co-efficients. Even if one or two clubs flunk, the likes of City and Liverpool will go very far, probably Villa in the Conference too.

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah I think we'll be fine for one of the two highest co-efficients. Even if one or two clubs flunk, the likes of City and Liverpool will go very far, probably Villa in the Conference too.

I can see there being up to six teams fighting for fourth and fifth this season - Us, Tottenham, Villa, Brighton, Man Utd and Chelsea

20 minutes ago, Vaj said:

How likely is it that 5th becomes champions league? Is it purely based off the English teams performance in Europe this year? 

This is a really good graphic from @FootRankings on Twitter.

image.thumb.png.d3a163e9f9d5cfa562281c092ff00907.png

Going to be two from these four and we’ve already got an advantage as we’re the only one with 8 teams.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I’m not sure having eight teams is an advantage but I could be interpreting it wrong.

For example if Brighton were not in there we would have 5.285 points compared to the 4.750 we currently have.

Tbh I thought it was whoever got the highest cumulative points, rather than average. Otherwise, I’m sure there could be potential for other countries to be up there?

11 minutes ago, SteV said:

Tbh I thought it was whoever got the highest cumulative points, rather than average. Otherwise, I’m sure there could be potential for other countries to be up there?

I found this article on ESPN and they say that in 21-22 Holland would have been in the top 2 for coefficient so that could be right.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38238696/champions-league-new-format-how-premier-league-gets-5-places?platform=amp

Osasuna will also count in the numbers for Spain even though they didn’t get through qualifying which is a plus.

On 11/10/2023 at 08:09, Coffee_Johnny said:

That is an absolutely fantastic initiative. Possibly the most important example of how the focus of the club on engagement with the community can make a meaningful  difference, not just in raising awareness but in normalising human experience and making it ok to talk about (perhaps particularly in men—75% of people who commit suicide are male; but males make up only a third of people who use Talking Therapy services). 

Norwich city produced a video, see above, worth a watch, it never hurts to ask those around you if everything is OK.

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I found this article on ESPN and they say that in 21-22 Holland would have been in the top 2 for coefficient so that could be right.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38238696/champions-league-new-format-how-premier-league-gets-5-places?platform=amp

Osasuna will also count in the numbers for Spain even though they didn’t get through qualifying which is a plus.

I think Osasuna got kicked out for match-fixing so not sure if that’s the same as not qualifying?

43 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

B19E9E55-FE1C-4C7E-AA9C-C4EA4171DC58.thumb.jpeg.83d9467b660a10e675c367500d590ece.jpeg

Yeah, seems it is the average, rather than the cumulative. 

On 12/10/2023 at 10:42, Erikse said:

Just looked into our next fixtures.

Palace (H)

Wolves (A)

Arsenal (H)

Bournemouth (A)

We took just 3 points from these 4 fixtures last season.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we won all them and Tindall knocked the Just For Men out of Arteta just after Schar buries a 25 yard winner in the 86th minute. 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Who do people rate as the best Loan spell for a player coming into the club? 

And conversely, who had the worst spell?

Best: Loic Remy

Worst: Luuk de Jong 

(Some might say Barreca, Doumbia, Ferreyra, Slimani or others who never/barely played - I went with LDJ as in about a dozen games I don't think I've seen a striker offer less goal threat and I include Riviere in that)