General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Sir John Hall backs Farage in, er, interesting rant....

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/major-tory-donor-ex-newcastle-29432244

For those not wanting to click on clusterfuck.com here's the :jones::

Sir John told the LDRS that he had “fought for diversity and equality in this region”, but had been angered by pro-Palestine marches taking place on Armistice weekend last year and felt like a “stranger in my own land”. He said that he was not opposed to immigration but he did not “want to see my Englishness and my English culture destroyed.”

Sir John said: “I don’t want to leave an England and a UK for my great grandchildren where all our ways have gone, where we have enclaves everywhere and nobody is prepared to stand up and fight for my Englishness. At the end of the day, English people are white – I am proud of that and I am not going to go away for it. I want to see my culture kept in this country and not destroyed. That is why I am voting for Nigel – there is nobody else.

Guy's a cunt, if he wanted to do something for the future of the North-East he could start by going back in time and not giving thousands upon thousands of pounds to Thatcher's Tories when they were ripping the heart out of the region. Prick.

Must be hell in the multi cultural melting pot that is Wynyard, what with illegal immigrants taking over all the mansions and everything.

Also read in the Fail that Sadiq Khan will introduce sharia law in Billingham if he gets another term as mayor.

He was a tory because basically the money was the bottom line. When the Arabs, Americans and the Chinese were buying up everything, that was the time to complain. Now watch him fuck off to some tax dodge island outside of France like his mate Sir Jim Ratshit while claiming to love this green and pleasant land.

On 27/06/2024 at 13:56, Minhosa said:

Sir John Hall backs Farage in, er, interesting rant....

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/major-tory-donor-ex-newcastle-29432244

For those not wanting to click on clusterfuck.com here's the :jones::

Sir John told the LDRS that he had “fought for diversity and equality in this region”, but had been angered by pro-Palestine marches taking place on Armistice weekend last year and felt like a “stranger in my own land”. He said that he was not opposed to immigration but he did not “want to see my Englishness and my English culture destroyed.”

Sir John said: “I don’t want to leave an England and a UK for my great grandchildren where all our ways have gone, where we have enclaves everywhere and nobody is prepared to stand up and fight for my Englishness. At the end of the day, English people are white – I am proud of that and I am not going to go away for it. I want to see my culture kept in this country and not destroyed. That is why I am voting for Nigel – there is nobody else.

"English people are white – I am proud of that"

no fucking way he said that.

disgusting.

and what englishness or english culture in particular does he want protected?

he's a wealthy privileged individual - what does he know about everyday life in this country?

doesnt he spend half his time in spain?

Edited by huss9

On 01/07/2024 at 00:29, huss9 said:

"English people are white – I am proud of that"

no fucking way he said that.

disgusting.

and what englishness or english culture in particular does he want protected?

he's a wealthy privileged individual - what does he know about everyday life in this country?

doesnt he spend half his time in spain?

That bit isn't in the article now, wonder if he asked for it to be edited. 

2 hours ago, Magpie said:

Anyone know when we're due back for pre season? Next Monday with the first slated friendly down for 27th July.

Was just thinking this morning, on years where there's a summer tournament can they not just move the domestic calendars back a couple of weeks (end of August) and end slightly later. I know there's different confederations but at least tie it in with the Euros and World Cup. Can't be ideal having players coming back sometimes 2-3 weeks after the rest of the squad and not fully fit by matchday 1. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That bit isn't in the article now, wonder if he asked for it to be edited. 

13:18, 27 JUN 2024

Updated16:35, 27 JUN 2024

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was just thinking this morning, on years where there's a summer tournament can they not just move the domestic calendars back a couple of weeks (end of August) and end slightly later. I know there's different confederations but at least tie it in with the Euros and World Cup. Can't be ideal having players coming back sometimes 2-3 weeks after the rest of the squad and not fully fit by matchday 1. 

Gordon was the fittest he's ever been coming back from a tournament at the start of last season

38 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Spurs has been rearranged but we aren’t going to tell you when for 

🤦‍♂️

Man utd v Liverpool same day ?

Think there trying to get that KO time sorted before confirming ours maybe

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What are the top 5 goals scored by Newcastle defenders?

Probably Schar x4 and Albert. 

Off the top of my head and in my living memory:

Schar vs PSG

Schar vs Notts Forest

Albert vs Man Utd

Griffin vs Charlton

R Taylor (does he count?) vs Sunderland. Edit: swap for Tripps vs Man City. 

I'll have definitely missed some crackers (I did). 

Edited by NEEJ
Tripps' freekick

Few other contenders for the mix:

Dummett v Man U

David Edgar v Man U

Lejeune bicey away at Everton 

Schar v Cardiff

Ryan Taylor volley v Everton

Titus Bramble volley v Chelsea

Stephen Carr v Southampton