General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Scored in every home league match so far.

If we can manage it against Sheff Utd and Brighton I’d assume it would be the first time we’ve ever done that in the PL era?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68780625 - Newcastle United introduce 'sound shirts' for deaf fans

I tell you what, I am extremely proud of the club for this great initiative. Hearing loss is an absolute fucker (speaking from experience) and is more impactful than people think.

Not everyone benefits from current treatment options either, some are limited or downright useless. So this is very nice to see for what is basically one of many under-represented and untreated patient populations.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Scored in every home league match so far.

If we can manage it against Sheff Utd and Brighton I’d assume it would be the first time we’ve ever done that in the PL era?

NUFC.com has good analysis of it:

United extended their record of scoring in every PL home game this season, currently 17 - that's comfortably their best start to a season, exceeding the 13 they kicked off with in 1995/96 and 1996/97.

That figure is within the top five scoring sequences in Newcastle's 553 PL home games to date: 

16 1993/94 
17 2023/24 
18 1995/96 (5) + 1996/97 (13)
18 2002/03 (17) + 2003/04 (1)
24  1994/95 (11) + 1995/96 (13)

great of SELA to help do this for the club.

hope we get  a lot more community involvement.

so much negativity from outside the club about the owners, i think SELA's involvment in this should have been louder (no pun intended).

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If we stopped the season right now, do we reckon Anthony Gordon wins our player of the season?

Aye, I'd say so. With mentions to Isak, Schär and Bruno. 

14 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, I'd say so. With mentions to Isak, Schär and Bruno. 

That’s my vote and shortlist. Feels horrible having to pick but those four have been a cut above. 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Gordon by a distance for me 

Yep. Bruno and Schar were the only ones anywhere near close. Obviously Isak’s been fantastic lately but Oct-Dec his contribution was pretty limited, albeit mainly through injury.

Yes 100%. Been up for it game in and out, setting the pace come rain or shine. I can't think of a game where he hasn't been among our top 3 performers.

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

Yes 100%. Been up for it game in and out, setting the pace come rain or shine. I can't think of a game where he hasn't been among our top 3 performers.

He tries to give 110% every game. Humble lad too.

Edited by PauloGeordio

41 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If we stopped the season right now, do we reckon Anthony Gordon wins our player of the season?

Bruno

Gordon

Schar

Gordon has been great but there was a 2-3 month period where Bruno was pretty much running the midfield on his own for us.

58 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Bruno

Gordon

Schar

Gordon has been great but there was a 2-3 month period where Bruno was pretty much running the midfield on his own for us.

Bruno's my second place. You're right but I'm taking half a mark off as he wasn't so hot at the start of the season before his contract got sorted. Plus he's more established in the team, which I see as a tiebreaker.

Whose he referring to when he's talking about someone writing 'that sort of article'? EDIT: Appearance from Wraith :anguish: 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Everton away. Luton away are two straight off top of my head. West Ham away also possibly and Bournemouth away. Not many though but he was right in saying he needed to contribute more away from home..

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Everton away. Luton away are two straight off top of my head. West Ham away also possibly and Bournemouth away. Not many though but he was right in saying he needed to contribute more away from home..

Yes, those are the games I can think of him being bad in, but the rest of the team was also dire - everyone was exhausted - so I think my top 3 remark mostly still applies. It's just it was a team full of 3s and 5s rating-wise

Edited by 80

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What's your match ratings average sayin'?

I haven't looked yet but I'd hazard a guess that based on average score it'll be Isak because of the amount of times he's grabbed a brace and got a good score because of it.

Cumulatively it can only be Gordon, Bruno, or Schär because of how much they've played and I'd guess it'll be Gordon.