General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Unbelievable support like, should be a class atmosphere. Cant believe we've sold all them so quick, only went on sale a week ago.

Id keep an eye on the website though if anyone does still fancy it, with Preston and Barnsley they kept reappearing in the weeks leading up to the game, few tickets come available.

usually a cracking atmosphere at blackburn when we have the full end.

The first time I went to a game at Blackburn, I couldn't believe this town had a PL club, looked like a small Northumberland village in the middle of nowhere.

Guest Howaythetoon

Are we the best supported big-ish club in the country? If Liverpool dropped a division like we did, I honestly think they would lose a large percentage of their support. If Man Utd went over a decade without a trophy or European football like wise.

I think its the likes of us, Spurs, West Ham and the mackems etc. who are the best supported clubs because we always always seem to get big crowds regardless.

City and Chelsea for example have have had untold success yet there are empty seats galore.

Guest Howaythetoon

usually a cracking atmosphere at blackburn when we have the full end.

The first time I went to a game at Blackburn, I couldn't believe this town had a PL club, looked like a small Northumberland village in the middle of nowhere.

I was there a few weeks back working, right near Ewood. Its a small club in general despite having a relatively large town. Its a cracking stadium IMO though.

Only a few hundred left for the Wigan game too, if you leave it to pay on the night you could end up disappointed.

Bloody hell, I never expected that to sell out. Midweek, on TV and just before Christmas...bloody mental :lol:

Are we the best supported big-ish club in the country? If Liverpool dropped a division like we did, I honestly think they would lose a large percentage of their support. If Man Utd went over a decade without a trophy or European football like wise.

I think its the likes of us, Spurs, West Ham and the mackems etc. who are the best supported clubs because we always always seem to get big crowds regardless.

City and Chelsea for example have have had untold success yet there are empty seats galore.

I remember Liverpool played Blackburn away on a weeknight when they were struggling* under Roy Hodgson and were allocated the full Darwen End and only managed to just over half fill it and it must only be 40 or so miles from Liverpool to Blackburn.

*they would still have been around 9th-10th in the PL.

I remember Liverpool played Blackburn away on a weeknight when they were struggling* under Roy Hodgson and were allocated the full Darwen End and only managed to just over half fill it and it must only be 40 or so miles from Liverpool to Blackburn.

That would have been the same as us last couple of seasons though. Its alright bragging this season aboit how well supported we are but we wouldnt have sold out Blackburn this time last season. Same wth Preston and Barnsley etc this season and the home sell outs, last 3 years it wouldnt have happened. Even Sunderland went down to 65pts last season which is the lowest in years.

Regardless of the reasons we re selling out this season, and its fantastic what is happening, we cant be billly big bollocks's about it when our support hasnt been that great the last couple of years either

That would have been the same as us last couple of seasons though. Its alright bragging this season aboit how well supported we are but we wouldnt have sold out Blackburn this time last season. Same wth Preston and Barnsley etc this season and the home sell outs, last 3 years it wouldnt have happened. Even Sunderland went down to 65pts last season which is the lowest in years.

Regardless of the reasons we re selling out this season, and its fantastic what is happening, we cant be billly big bollocks's about it when our support hasnt been that great the last couple of years either

Not really a fair comparison. Liverpool to Blackburn is 40 miles, it's about 140 miles from Newcastle to Blackburn. I'd reckon if we were top half of the PL we would sell out any fixture within 50 miles like, especially on the back of the success Liverpool have had.