General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. I’ve listened to the first hour of this and Edwards actually comes across well. He still doesn’t get the Rafa appreciation in my opinion but it was an interesting interview.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. I’ve listened to the first hour of this and Edwards actually comes across well. He still doesn’t get the Rafa appreciation in my opinion but it was an interesting interview.

He's an utter bellend is Edwards.

In that discussion alone, he admits to winding up the fans, admits to loving Bruce, admits to being handed exclusives and talks Rafa down.

He should fuck off back to London tbh.

Also, how many times does the fella hosting it say 'mate'?!? Fuck me, I started counting but stopped when I got to 3224.

Won't be watching it but surely that ginger beard with it's tufts of white is the most offensive part of the interview

Not nearly as offensive as his Bruce love-in or the bloke calling him every time he opened his mouth.

I didn’t actually used to mind him and what he went through with kid was proper heart breaking but I couldn’t give a shit what he reports or thinks about Newcastle because, as he admits, it’s not based in reality and is clouded by bias but given the outlet he works for more and more is actively pushing conspiracy theories and distorting the truth to the point where it risks lives it’s no surprise.

Mad how shit he was, like.

Mad that he's pictured as a poster boy for application. He was like Owen - only focused on not overexerting and injuring himself. Went from being an exciting dribbler to an slow, unmotivated, zero-flair plodder, because of a couple of granted, bad injuries.. Then went to Fulham and magically started applying himself more. Really disliked the guy.

Don't think I've ever seen a winger refuse to take his man on as often as Duff did. Recieve the ball, first touch, shuffle feet a bit, face up to full back then turn and pass to Babayaro, endlessly, every match.

Guest reefatoon

Ruined N’Zogbia’s career as well.

Yep, correct. Was a bit of a pointless signing and didn’t help N’Zogbia at all.

N’Zogbia had a pretty fine career. Pretty much a mid-table Premier League winger who earned an international cap.

Pretty much always ideas above his ability though...seemed to think he was an Arsenal/Chelsea player but never anywhere near good enough

Feels like Duff took a while to adjust when he lost his pace, and that adjusting time just happened to be the Newcastle period between Chelsea where he was a rapid winger and Fulham where he was a slower, cutting inside technique based player.

Not surprised that he was a really hard worker though, comes across as a bit of an obsessive in interviews I've heard him in. After he retired he used to hire out astros in Dublin to work on his technique by himself. Apparently a decent coach as well