General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I remember watching some Leeds season review video, around the time Speed had come good for us and whilst I was fond of him by then, I couldn't believe how much of a different player he seemed for Leeds.

For us he was an engine, a box to box type midfielder, whereas for Leeds he looked almost like an explosive advanced winger. Obviously it was essentially a highlight reel but he looked a totally different player.

I remember watching some Leeds season review video, around the time Speed had come good for us and whilst I was fond of him by then, I couldn't believe how much of a different player he seemed for Leeds.

For us he was an engine, a box to box type midfielder, whereas for Leeds he looked almost like an explosive advanced winger. Obviously it was essentially a highlight reel but he looked a totally different player.

Never really appreciated Speed until 02/03 as he'd been wasted on left wing a lot. Even then I thought Viana should have been starting ahead of him in the centre. History makes me look like a mug, but I seem to recall Hugo being more highly rated than a certain Ronaldo at the time....and worse we could have chosen either of them  :fool:

I loved Acuña. Scrappy player, scored the first goal of the pivotal  01/02 season to get us a point at Chelsea.

Paul Dalglish got one in the league and also one in. 1-0 away win at Tranmere in the League Cup.

Also remember Speed getting a lot of stick early on.

Loved Duncan Ferguson too, when he was fit. A shame he wasn’t around longer, but he never really wanted to be here.

SBR knew what he wanted, just because his first choices (Zenden and Jeffers) didn't come here and flopped at other places, doesn't mean that they would have flopped here.

Anyone remember Paul Dalglish? :lol: He scored one goal, I think.

Recall being pretty gutted we didn't get Zenden at the time...Laurent more than made up for it

I loved Acuña. Scrappy player, scored the first goal of the pivotal  01/02 season to get us a point at Chelsea.

Paul Dalglish got one in the league and also one in. 1-0 away win at Tranmere in the League Cup.

Also remember Speed getting a lot of stick early on.

Loved Duncan Ferguson too, when he was fit. A shame he wasn’t around longer, but he never really wanted to be here.

Ferguson was too similar  to Shearer personality wise to have ever lasted here. Paul Dalglish only ever got here because of his dad (see Alex Bruce)

And Speed was crap on the left so deserved all he got. Took a couple of years to be appreciated, and I think we'd all love a midfielder of his ability in our team now

Never really appreciated Speed until 02/03 as he'd been wasted on left wing a lot. Even then I thought Viana should have been starting ahead of him in the centre. History makes me look like a mug, but I seem to recall Hugo being more highly rated than a certain Ronaldo at the time....and worse we could have chosen either of them  :fool:

Speed was poor first year or so. Especially out wide. He got loads of criticism. Once he settled into playing in the middle he grew from there.

Hugo was hype. Remember everyone raving about him playing in the U21 tournament and he was nothing special in my eyes. Re-watched the tournament again as it got repeated for some reason late at night one month. Anyone could see he’d struggle as didn’t have pace (to play wide) nor strength (to play central). Had some technical ability an eye for a pass but was always going to disappoint after having Robert.

Man Utd signed Ronaldo after playing Sporting Lisbon in a friendly. Pretty sure several of the senior players suggested it to Ferguson.

No idea who’s decision Bebe was mind? :lol:

Speed was poor first year or so. Especially out wide. He got loads of criticism. Once he settled into playing in the middle he grew from there.

Hugo was hype. Remember everyone raving about him playing in the U21 tournament and he was nothing special in my eyes. Re-watched the tournament again as it got repeated for some reason late at night one month. Anyone could see he’d struggle as didn’t have pace (to play wide) nor strength (to play central). Had some technical ability an eye for a pass but was always going to disappoint after having Robert.

Man Utd signed Ronaldo after playing Sporting Lisbon in a friendly. Pretty sure several of the senior players suggested it to Ferguson.

No idea who’s decision Bebe was mind? :lol:

Carlos Queroz (sp) I think suggested him to Ferguson.

Domain Available

Call 020 7084 1810 for buying assistance

stevebruceisshit.com is available

£0.99 £16.14

for the first year

stevebruceisshit.co.ukAdd this:£0.84

Why it's great.

"Shit" is a high value keyword that has an average sale price of £1,668.00.

"Is" is a widely used keyword.

Includes Basic Privacy Protection.

I'd be behind it if it happens; kind of hope it doesn't though.

It would start with such hope and goodwill for his history with Sir Bobby. Would be a shame for that to be tainted when the inevitable falling out happens two or three years later.