General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

43 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Will be interesting to get a deep dive on them from Kieran Maguire/Swiss Ramble, the full document is available in the web page too

I’ll wait for Grumpy Old Man tbh.

5 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Won’t Include Botman, Isak or Gordon that either will it?

Money put in by the club are not included in these results. I think people should take note of Eales comments, they know exactly what they're doing. 

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They'll find a way.

Honestly, how? I keep seeing predictions from our own fans and others that we'll soon splash the cash big time. We're a least a couple of years off having the requisite income - that's assuming the PL doesn't block lucrative sponsorships.

4 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Honestly, how? I keep seeing predictions from our own fans and others that we'll soon splash the cash big time. We're a least a couple of years off having the requisite income - that's assuming the PL doesn't block lucrative sponsorships.

Remember - we're coming from a position of having almost no sponsorship income during the Ashley years. Everything aside from the shirt sponsor was Sports Direct. Everything plastered on SJP was Sports Direct. No "Commercial Partners". 

It's easier to find additional revenue streams when you're starting from such a low base (eg the Noon deal which is apparently worth more per season than Fun88 are paying)

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

based on our last three years finances, we are bang at that 105m P&S (FFP) limit.

22.5m loss in 19/20

12.5m loss in 20/21

70.7m loss in 21/22

I could be wrong and I haven't read the accounts but isn't there a difference between the "Accounts" and the FFP profit/loss? As in the FFP is calculated differently & there are various exclusions?

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

based on our last three years finances, we are bang at that 105m P&S (FFP) limit.

22.5m loss in 19/20

12.5m loss in 20/21

70.7m loss in 21/22

FFP losses aren’t the same as accounting losses - but clearly £71m would take some creative accounting to write off for FFP.

Given the likely huge losses this year too, it is patently obvious just what sort of financial straightjacketing we’re in.  Try telling it to the ‘we should have spent £150m in January to secure CL qualification’ lot though - they won’t accept it.  I think they’re going to be disappointed for a couple of more years yet - it is going to take years to get the club’s revenues on track with the big boys given that you can’t just get a sweetheart deal from Aramco or whoever

Not worried in the slightest by the accounts

The noon deal as well as other sponsors which we'll no doubt add will be in this year's account so we should see the revenue jump significantly (plus more money for higher league finish as well as being shown on TV all the time)

We have credible people employed that will know what they are doing 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Again people seem to be not considering the money put in by the owners, which are not included in these accounts. 90 million of which is allowed to be offset in relation to FFP. 

What’s allowed under this approach?

1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

What’s allowed under this approach?

Owners can put in money when they want to (usually through allocation of shares), but only 90 million can be offset against FFP. It's important for us initially though, as it gives us some leeway whilst we build up our commercial/sponsorship revenue. 

Edited by et tu brute