Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

5 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

He didn't bring in Bruno, got completely used by Milan and Tonali's agent, then sold ASM for nothing. The success stories should be credited as much, if not more, to Eddie Howe. Ashworth is very replaceable and the trajectory of the club has much more to do with the manager and his players than Ashworth. This moment is an opportunity to upgrade the position.

What exactly is “this moment”

The Daily Mail & Sun talking shite ?

Like 99% of transfer speculation in the papers it’s likely to be a completely fabricated article for clicks 

Incredible how opinion changed on this guy once we started getting linked. :lol:

No concrete sources from our end reporting this yet. Wheeler isn't totally unreliable, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't understand why someone would come from Newcastle to us now given the trajectory of the two clubs, but I suppose the appeal of being the man responsible of taking us back to the top is very appealing. He would be treated like a God.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Incredible how opinion changed on this guy once we started getting linked. :lol:

No concrete sources from our end reporting this yet. Wheeler isn't totally unreliable, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't understand why someone would come from Newcastle to us now given the trajectory of the two clubs, but I suppose the appeal of being the man responsible of taking us back to the top is very appealing. He would be treated like a God.

If the Ashworth 180 felt incredible you should check out the Trippier thread, it’ll blow your mind 

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

If the Ashworth 180 felt incredible you should check out the Trippier thread, it’ll blow your mind 

Oh I've seen it. Newcastle Online went and done a Red Cafe. :lol: Trippier has been a great player for you over the last 18 months.

22 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Na; don’t get it confused this would be a massive blow for us. 

25 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I don’t think a DOF has been treat like a god anywhere, you lads expect success don’t kid yourself, there’s a permanent stench of entitlement from even your younger local fans.

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I don’t think a DOF has been treat like a god anywhere, you lads expect success don’t kid yourself, there’s a permanent stench of entitlement from even your younger local fans.

We've been begging for a director of football for years. If Ashworth was to come in and we're suddenly signing competent players who don't sit on their Playstation instead of coming to training then he's going to get the credit. 

I can only speak for myself and the fans I talk to, but there's very little expectation from us. A title challenge any time soon is laughable. We just want to be competent and consistent.

Let’s face it Brighton have hardly crumbled since his departure. Of course he’s replaceable it might be a blow in short term, but to be honest i’d be seriously questioning his integrity and judgement if he left us at this point anyway.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Let’s face it Brighton have hardly crumbled since his departure. Of course he’s replaceable it might be a blow in short term, but to be honest i’d be seriously questioning his integrity and judgement if he left us at this point anyway.

Could argue Brighton haven't crumbled because if what he put in place.

35 minutes ago, madras said:

Could argue Brighton haven't crumbled because if what he put in place.

We're at the exact Dan Ashworth stage of our development, a similar stage to England and Brighton when he began there. Shite infrastructure, no real team in place, everything needs to be built from the ground up. 

Feels like the worst time for him to leave, not that I think he will.

Brighton's main success is down to their owner and his secret data model which finds them all the gems.

Similar to Brentford. 

Like Ashworth has said himself he's the big wheel that turns all the other little wheels. Would be a big loss as he oversees everything and ensures it all moves in the same direction. However if he did I'm confident our owners would make another top class appointment.

9 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Brighton's main success is down to their owner and his secret data model which finds them all the gems.

Similar to Brentford. 

Like Ashworth has said himself he's the big wheel that turns all the other little wheels. Would be a big loss as he oversees everything and ensures it all moves in the same direction. However if he did I'm confident our owners would make another top class appointment.

Exactly, Ashworth sets the footballing strategy. Yes he would have a say on signings, but the data and recommendations will come from the scouting team. Then Eddie Howe, Andy Howe, Ashworth and Steve Nickson will decide who to target.