Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

46 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Don Toon 2 HRS AGO

“I was unaware that the Dan Ashworth situation had turned into a row? Who is rowing? My understanding is that ManU want him, he wants to go to ManU but as he is Toon property for the next 18 months we are refusing to let him go on the cheap. We want £20m and ManU want him for £3m hence we have a stalemate, nothing brutal about it at all it's just business - bit like the Jesse Lingard situation was. Howey the lads!”

👆🏻In a nutshell

B20B015E-CC6E-448C-9C7D-2044977651A7.gif.14b303f1d1400fb5d2835e12a1f7df9a.gif

As far as I'm aware we haven't stated any price, only that what they offered wasn't acceptable.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

As far as I'm aware we haven't stated any price, only that what they offered wasn't acceptable.

No one actually knows. It's been reported they offered x. We want y. w will what we end on. All we know is Big Jim is bitching that we won't give up and accept x

Keeps calling him world class. Well if he’s world class, you pay world class fees. Are they expecting to buy world class players but not pay the fees for them? Brexit Jim about to have a nasty wake up call if he thinks this is how you do business in football. 

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Keeps calling him world class. Well if he’s world class, you pay world class fees. Are they expecting to buy world class players but not pay the fees for them? Brexit Jim about to have a nasty wake up call if he thinks this is how you do business in football. 

Also thinks the tax payers should pay for his new stadium. Chancing twunt! 

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

I love the pettiness of this. Make them wait and when that stupid cunt works for them and fucks up we can slam them both much like a.. you know.

As I posted when this came to light, our position should have been simple. The price is fixed and any crying in public about it will increase the price by 1 mill per time. 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Please be true :lol:

He's going to have the best garden since the Gateshead Garden Festival. Maybe he could reboot it for a year or so. Don't think that would violate his contract terms and would certainly distract  him from making yet another schoolboy error in terms of football

It’s not ideal but I think we’re left with little option, given that as far as we know Man U have offered loose change as compensation and are sticking with it. A deal can be done but their “go very low, stick with it, and insult everyone” tactic isn’t constructive.

The more he talks waffle, the more he sounds like a grandiose Ashley.

As even Pardew said, Ashley didn't really understand how football works, and Ratcliffe admits being confused about elements of football being so different to how he's used to working. Tough m8.

Thing is, I remember being quite happy right at the start of Ashley's time about how he was cutting out unnecessary waste, not overspending, that we weren't being taken for mugs, driving hard bargains in the transfer market etc. Didn't take too long for that to go badly.

If it was a mistake us appointing Ashworth, at least we're not making one in how he is going. Really don't think Ratcliffe has taken on the right club to try and play hardball with in public :lol:

We should politely request via the Premier League that one of our fellow member clubs stop talking about the contract situation of one of our contracted employees in the media. Perhaps we should suggest sanctions whilst we’re at it.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

It’s not ideal but I think we’re left with little option, given that as far as we know Man U have offered loose change as compensation and are sticking with it. A deal can be done but their “go very low, stick with it, and insult everyone” tactic isn’t constructive.

This. Even if it costs us a few million, it's worth it in the long run to show that these tactics cannot and will not work. 

Plus if we accept some shit lowball offer now, it sets an entirely different precedent for future negotiations too. 

Short term there's a reasonable argument for accepting whatever we can get, something's better than nothing etc, but long term you've always got to stand up to bullies because that's the only way their behaviour changes.

Incredible how he's made such a pigs ear out of something that should have been so trivial and could even now be sorted by simply paying the money were due - on top of which I cant see Ashworth being worth the faff.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not went ahead after he got caught sending emails.

I’d pull back from it if I found out what he was up to. No point trying to be reasonable, just get the lawyers on the case. Imagining Dan’s constructive dismissal argument went tits up after we found that out.

57 minutes ago, duo said:

Only one winner in all of this - Dan. Gets a huge salary for doing nothing.

Or we claw back his salary as damages after discovering he mailed his potential employer commercially sensitive and prohibited contract details… 

1 hour ago, duo said:

Only one winner in all of this - Dan. Gets a huge salary for doing nothing.

And he looks like a daft cunt who can’t even use BCC 

You reckon the very toppermost of the poppermost football clubs are looking at Ashworth and thinking “oooh yeah, there’s a smart operator who we should entice from Man Utd in the future” 

He’s been shown up as an untrustworthy dunce who can’t even send confidential emails correctly 

2 years of gardening leave since 2022 will look shitty on his CV too. 

Talk us through your achievements in the foootball world in the last couple of years please Dan ?

Ermmmmmmm. None. But my greenhouse is entirely free of aphids and I highly recommend Ineos weedkiller 

Edited by bobbydazzla