Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just hope we have someone lined up pretty quickly.

Rather we got the right person as there's no immediate hurry personally. Unless this is a TBG play? 

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Tell them we want £20m for him and he’s on gardening leave for 18 months. Let’s see how serious they really are. 

Did we pay much? Don't seem to remember anything about a fee at the time, just he had to sit at home watching loose women 

He probably hasn't been here long enough to remembered for much at all, particularly as much of his work is behind the scenes.

Some of the transfer business under his watch has been excellent though.

Ah I see the narrative. He's only going to be given the stick for the signings that haven't been a hit yet, rather than the bulk of them which have been great since he took over. We'll forget Gordon, etc. 

Also guessing he'd have been in contact with us during his Gardening Leave as part of the 22/23 window too.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Will be remembered for signing a midfielder for 55 million who can’t play and a left back who can’t get a game ?

The only thing I’ll say is that I think the transfer strategy has been very risk averse since he signed. I was expecting a bit more in terms of South American market as Brighton have exploited. Whether that would have come down the line we’ll never know now.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

...and how would you know Craig?  I am not convinced we would let him go that easily.  If Man U want him that badly take them for as much as we can ££££

tbh I will loose all respect for him if he goes.  If the man wants a challenge he has it - Man U is easy street compared to the challenge he has now.

Edited by duo

No fucks given from my side. Think he dropped the ball with Tonali and we've probably not really been that interested in him since, hence not rebuting manures approach. We'll take the fee and put it towards a signing in the summer. 

I said it last time round, at least we know what good looks like, even if thst specific person hasn't delivered, it'll help us find the right person going forward.

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This is an interesting line that surely deserves more details:

"Ashworth has not had as much control as he expected at Newcastle, the club he joined in the summer of 2022."

Doubt that would increase at Man Utd. In fact, I would expect him to have less in a bigger club. It does deserve more detail and could be complete bollocks. Where'd you nick that from, @timeEd32

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

No fucks given from my side. Think he dropped the ball with Tonali and we've probably not really been that interested in him since, hence not rebuting manures approach. We'll take the fee and put it towards a signing in the summer. 

I said it last time round, at least we know what good looks like, even if thst specific person hasn't delivered, it'll help us find the right person going forward.

That's harsh to pin on him. :lol: Out of curiosity, what do you think he could of done better? Had Tonali's phone scanned for gambling apps? Grease and have a network of contacts in the Cosa Nostra, Camorra and Ndrangheta? :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Rather we got the right person as there's no immediate hurry personally. Unless this is a TBG play? 

Quickly as in time for the summer window, didn’t mean quick as in a matter of weeks. Think the summer window is a big one for us so it’s a must to have it sorted for that.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

That's harsh to pin on him. :lol: Out of curiosity, what do you think he could of done better? Had Tonali's phone scanned for gambling apps? Grease and have a network of contacts in the Cosa Nostra, Camorra and Ndrangheta? :lol: 

I do love that so many of our support think that Tonali kept this all super secret.  He got half the Italy U-21s into it because they were coming across asking him what he was doing.   It really wasn’t some deep dark secret

I’m not that bothered, I don’t know enough about him and his influence.

If he doesn’t have as much as he’d like, he probably wasn’t the mastermind behind the scenes.

If he goes so early into his tenure here then it will really alter my opinion of him, and if he is happy to jump ship so soon then fuck him, don’t want anyone who isn’t 100% committed be it staff or player.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Quickly as in time for the summer window, didn’t mean quick as in a matter of weeks. Think the summer window is a big one for us so it’s a must to have it sorted for that.

Ah got you. I would imagine they have a decent list, add in that Douglas article about being a big draw I'm not concerned at all if he stays or goes really

11 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Doubt that would increase at Man Utd. In fact, I would expect him to have less in a bigger club. It does deserve more detail and could be complete bollocks. Where'd you nick that from, @timeEd32

It's in the Hope article, tucked between a video and an image. Easy to miss.