Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

We need to take Man U to the cleaners with this. Either secure a ridiculous fee and/or make him wait ages on gardening leave. Absolutely don't allow them to take the piss. Would expect us to include clauses around him not being able to poach any of our staff or players for a certain time period too.

I'm sure Ashworth has done a good job in a lot of areas but there'll be other talented sporting directors out there who we can go and secure. In a way it's a shame he's apparently looking to leave just as the club has pared up all the internal departments from the Ashley skeleton staff era.

Hopefully we can secure a replacement without it causing too much friction.

1 minute ago, Stal said:

I don't want him to go. He's part of OUR long term project, not fucking man u's.

Na, he wants to leave so fuck him off. Just make sure we rinse them as much as possible and move on. 

54 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

This guy has been a massive waste of time so far, yes its too early to judge but he has not been able to develop much, did not prepare us well for the season and now wants to fuck off.

This is a bot right? I can't tell anymore, some inception level shit going on with Internet forum posts

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes, along with Fagioli and Zaniolo.  Completely take your point, but the FIGC isn’t likely to not pick its better players based on rumours, and Italian football doesn’t exactly have a glorious history of being across this stuff.  The FIGC could have been completely aware of everything and still selected those three players.  

I don't think it was a coincidence that this came out right before the first internationals of the season. 

11 minutes ago, Stal said:

I don't want him to go. He's part of OUR long term project, not fucking man u's.

Agree but if he doesn't want to be here we just need to extract as much money and make it as difficult for Man Utd as possible. 

Big club or not sport is about trying to compete, if Ashworth is someone who rather than build and compete wants to skip this part and move to a supposed "bigger club" then let him. If Man United come in for Howe do we expect him to leave because Man United are a "Bigger club", where is the competition, where is the drive to be the best, is it really sport if people are expected to just move to the supposed bigger club as that is determined as success? I would expect Howe to believe he can compete with all other clubs and that he can beat them. If Ashworth had been here for 10 years and tried to compete and then moved so be it I can understand that. I don't really care about the size of a club, I care about trying to compete, trying to win and enjoying that. That is what sport is, no club (in the premier league at least) is so big it should/will always be at the top, our time will come and if I was involved in football I would want to be involved in making that happen. From Mike Ashley/relegation battle to the top and winning something with a one city club that hasn't won anything for an age, that is sport, that is excitement.

Maybe Ashworth sees Man United trying to compete with their local rivals as just as big if not bigger challenge than taking NUFC to the top, which he may be right about as he certainly won't be given the time and support for long to do it.

22 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I hate Man United as much as anyone but some of the comments on here are just daft. If we finish 4th we are over the moon and say how brilliant a season we have had, finishing 4th is seen as a bad season for Man United. A very badly run Man United will finish no lower than 6th. Even now they are still the biggest club in England and third biggest in the world after Madrid and Barca. They will always generate more money than us no matter what. I can totally see why Ashworth would want to leave us for them and I don't blame him. Its the likes of Spurs not Man United we should be looking to replace in the big 6 and even that will be hard enough.

They were saying that Ten Hag should be manager of the season, partly for getting top 4.

Wonder how much him having been with us plays into their decision. Not only are they getting their man but they’re getting all the insider info on our long term plans. That’ll help them to try fuck us over for years to come. Ratcliffe is a total wanker and I dislike Brailsford

You would imagine his contract will not only contain a long notice period, but also restrictive convenants within his contract including not being able to work for a direct rival for a period of time of up to a year once his notice period has finished, as well as a non-poaching covenant regarding NUFC employees for the following 12 months.

The above things are standard in most employment contracts at executive level, which is why compensation will be more than paying off his notice salary.

Edited by Matt1892

It’s more about the project than the traditional status of club. Of course Man Utd are currently a bigger name club around the world, but that’s not the only consideration. 

Anyway it’s up to him, if he wants to go it could be for any reason. Maybe just more money. 

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

This guy has been a massive waste of time so far, yes its too early to judge but he has not been able to develop much, did not prepare us well for the season and now wants to fuck off.

Well which one is it [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

You’d like to think being as rich as we are and all we’d be able to keep hold of our staff. 

If it's just about his personal wages. But then again, you still need to have standards and you can't pay people anything just to keep them. 

The best justification for him leaving is that he thinks FFP will limit us too much and he can do more, quicker, at Man Utd. But pure speculation of course. 

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Well which one is it [emoji38]

Added this as a protection clause in case those random youngsters he signed suddenly win us the champions league three years from now :lol:

I actually have a very low opinion on him purely based on the fact that this was our biggest season in 20+ years and yet we seemed to enter it so unprepared, and will probably end up with a less fruitful season than last year, added to that we have not seen notable progress at both U-18 and U-21 levels, if i was PIF i would be looking for someone to blame for this and as a sporting director this lies at his door.

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Added this as a protection clause in case those random youngsters he signed suddenly win us the champions league three years from now :lol:

I actually have a very low opinion on him purely based on the fact that this was our biggest season in 20+ years and yet we seemed to enter it so unprepared, and will probably end up with a less fruitful season than last year, added to that we have not seen notable progress at both U-18 and U-21 levels, if i was PIF i would be looking for someone to blame for this and as a sporting director this lies at his door.

If you don’t think there has been notable progress at U-18 and U-21 levels then you haven’t been looking. Results at that stage don’t matter but the players they have gotten through the door have real potential