Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Howe is rarely one for showing emotion outside of a few on-pitch celebrations and I think he's just trying to treat it like water off a duck's arse.

They may get along fine, they may also be distant outside of work-required interactions and he doesn't give much of a shit for him. It's been barely 18 months at the end of the day.

Besides, if we're sick of the speculation I wouldn't be surprised if people inside the club are over it too and just want it done with.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I miss when football used to be about the actual football.

It was a year ago, but the Amazon documentary was a bit like The Apprentice does football.

Here are the money people on another conference call trying to get revenue up to make the club competitive. Not iconic football images like misfiring striker staying behind for shooting practice with the sun setting behind the goal.

It's what FFP has reduced football to.

42 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I miss when football used to be about the actual football.

When was this? ? Even in the 90s when I was at school it was all about scandals in Spanish holiday homes, going on the stock market etc etc

19 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Eddie has always been a “if you’re not all in then you gotta go” kind of person. I love it. That’s my manager. 

IMG_0673.png.249c67958baad40a60489713187330d4.png

“yeah that’s the one Dan, the door marked GTF” 

onwards and upwards :indi:

28 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Eddie has always been a “if you’re not all in then you gotta go” kind of person. I love it. That’s my manager. 

My impression is that Howe will be more pissed off that Ashworth will be taking inside knowledge of our long term strategy with him to Old Trafford. Eddie is definitely an all in kind of guy, he's not going to look kindly on a mercenary whose been privy to high level knowledge jumping ship.

17 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Didn’t he bring in a gazillion scouts? Wonder what’ll happen to them?

Undoubtedly some people will go with him. Hopefully the head physio he brought in. 

:naughty:

39 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Howe probably started lying to Ashworth months ago when the rumours started. 

Aye,

Howe to Ashworth: “Billing, McTominay and Onana please, put them at the top of the list”

Howe to Tindall after Ashworth walks off “What a fucking mug”

19 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

image.thumb.png.f9add3accf2f3bb2b96b9249ed6eb69c.png

absolutely loves giving a big club a reach around does Fab 

He'll do another 15 tweets about this story within next few days for the engagement 

The coverage of this is mental. Don't think I've ever seen anything like this for a sporting director. 

I don't doubt he does... something... But with the reaction of some in the media and many Man Utd fans, you'd think he was the sole mastermind behind our 4th place finish and Brighton's rise to "success" before that.

In reality he was a only small cog in both machines from what I can tell, especially relative to his hype.  

9 minutes ago, Menace said:

He'll do another 15 tweets about this story within next few days for the engagement 

Hopefully someone has the energy to keep up with the number of pre-#HereWeGo!s he manages to squeeze out of it. 

Everything to do with Man U turns into some Love Island Paul Danan turbo shite drama. For all their excitement, they’re still going to have that mediocrity Ten Haag running the team for the foreseeable.

I would sacrifice compensation for making him go on gardening leave for a year.