Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

I think the club would obviously be more concerned about the insider knowledge he will be taking to one of our rivals rather than any sadness about losing his expertise. 

Be that contract info regarding any of our top players they might want to poach. Future transfer prospects, youth and first team, and also just generally anything financial/FFP related that we would really rather our league competitors aren't privy to.

3 minutes ago, alexf said:

I think the club would obviously be more concerned about the insider knowledge he will be taking to one of our rivals rather than any sadness about losing his expertise. 

Be that contract info regarding any of our top players they might want to poach. Future transfer prospects, youth and first team, and also just generally anything financial/FFP related that we would really rather our league competitors aren't privy to.

Be absolutely staggered if we don’t include a clause regarding they can’t bid for any of our players/staff for a certain period of time.

3 minutes ago, alexf said:

Insider knowledge that each players agent will happily let interested parties know ? There's little secret in football, the difference is in being better at the footballing stuff than the rest. 

2 minutes ago, NSG said:

Be absolutely staggered if we don’t include a clause regarding they can’t bid for any of our players/staff for a certain period of time.

Now that may be a restriction of trade and possibly illegal.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Insider knowledge that each players agent will happily let interested parties know ? There's little secret in football, the difference is in being better at the footballing stuff than the rest. 

I'd be less worried about player movements and more our clubs plans going forward.

People in these circles move all the time, but the timing is less than adequate mind.

2 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

The little rodent trying to make a power play being at the match yesterday, gan shag a water feature you underwhelming melt.

Dan Ratworth

Just now, madras said:

Now that may be a restriction of trade and possibly illegal.

It wouldn’t be, it is common for a restricted covenant to be around no poaching of staff of a certain level, although it would have to be reasonable so couldn’t be for any longer than 12 months.

IMG_5996.jpeg

Just now, NE27 said:

I'd be less worried about player movements and more our clubs plans going forward.

People in these circles move all the time, but the timing is less than adequate mind.

I've said I would have him on gardening leave until the next window is over, more so to hinder them than anything to do directly with us.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

It wouldn’t be, it is common for a restricted covenant to be around no poaching of staff of a certain level, although it would have to be reasonable so couldn’t be for any longer than 12 months.

IMG_5996.jpeg

I'd guess there is some rule for that to be ok at back room level but not for playing staff. I've certainly never heard of it for playing staff.

Also worth remembering, for those of a more conspiracy minded nature, if Dan Ashworth was caught sharing any confidential information, his career would be over. The whole point of having a good sporting director is to trust them... would be like marrying a lass who cheated on their ex with you... you know she'll do it again.

He won't take that risk. He might be a judas cunt but he's not THAT guy.

Just now, STM said:

Also worth remembering, for those of a more conspiracy minded nature, if Dan Ashworth was caught sharing any confidential information, his career would be over. The whole point of having a good sporting director is to trust them... would be like marrying a lass who cheated on their ex with you... you know she'll do it again.

He won't take that risk. He might be a judas cunt but he's not THAT guy.

Yup. Wreck his reputation, and it would violate his contract and might be liable to damages. I mean, do you want to be known as an unethical wanker in your professional circles?

34 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

So who’s replacing him?

Edwards? Hughes? Rudkin?

Rudkin from Leicester? Please no. I know a Leicester fan and he (and their fans) despise him 

56 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I really hope we don’t budge 

Unfortunately, we will. They are correct in what they are saying on red cafe. It will get negotiated down to about £12m IMO.

The minute Howe came out talking about why longevity in a role was important in a role like that was the minute Dan Ashhole was toast imo, and rightly so.

Once again, Eddie had it right. I hope he has the staying power to ignore the snakepits and do what's right for our club - he's Keegan again.

6 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

What happens if they walk away do we still bin him off and leave him on gardening leave and replace him? 

Can't imagine he's told the club he wants off without absolute assurances from Man U's side. He's done it before they've even made an approach.

In the extremely unlikely event that does happen I think we have no choice but to keep him on gardening leave. He doesn't want to be here and I doubt anyone at the club will want to work with him going forward either. Could tell by Eddie's tone in his presser exactly what he thought of him. 

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Unfortunately, we will. They are correct in what they are saying on red cafe. It will get negotiated down to about £12m IMO.

Considering we allegedly paid 2 million for him to save about 4 months of gardening leave, i'm not sure that would be a resounding triumph for Man Utd.