Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

8 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I don't really get the gardening leave thing, because I assume it only benefits us if he's unable to discuss our transfer targets.

It won't be hard for him to tell Man U our targets, we can't stop him speaking to people at the club.

Doubt he would risk doing that considering who our owners are.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Unique situation for us this. I hope the moment Man U are even linked with one of our targets he gets a visit in the middle of the night from the Saudi Furio Giunta.

:D

furio2.jpg

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

What happens if they walk away do we still bin him off and leave him on gardening leave and replace him? 

I would, clearly not committed, off ye fuck Dan

31 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

We're hamstrung by FFP. Man Utd aren't. Let that trickle down shit start trickling.

Had a brief scroll through redcafe when someone posted a link couple of pages ago, and there were quite a few man utd fans who thought ffp was coming to bite them in the ass very soon so they didn't like the thought of spending £20m on Ashworth. Not sure how accurate that is, but at least its something that is being discussed/worried about.

I love the "All access to computer and scouting network blocked" statement. Are we going to block access to his brain and anything he was written down on bits of paper?

We hold all the cards in this situation.

I hope we make good progress and have a replacement sorted soon.

And we should play hard ball over Man U, if he's the guy they've identified that will restructure their club then we can test how much they value him. 

If they think our demands are unreasonable then that's fine, they can then either wait 2 years or move on and find someone else. 

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_5997.thumb.jpeg.d8aef73f1a9138ce3e1b9e30c886f675.jpeg

IMG_5998.thumb.jpeg.9e04ce8ebff049e200fa6400d529802f.jpeg

February 15th: Ashworth is great, he has details of every player in his laptop.

February 18th: Ashworth’s computer and scouting access is blocked.

So why didnt he sign any during his 2 years?

53 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

We're hamstrung by FFP. Man Utd aren't. Let that trickle down shit start trickling.

Yet they're almost £1B in debt, make it make sense please.

6 hours ago, madras said:

Re the Henry Winter Post, does he think Ashworth has stayed up late at night building up his own date base or its paid for from an independent supplier and is probably available to others that can afford it?

It honestly just sounds like Henry Winter has never played Champ Man.  He should try it; it would blow his socks off

6 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Confused by the laptop stuff. Surely all the info generated and captured on it is the property of NUFC, so it stays with us if he buggers off.  

I’m not sure why some quarters are shocked this by the figures quoted. Given what we paid for him. 

I think two things were obvious from the outset. 

1, this was always going to be expensive for them. 
2, If they wanted to waive his garden leave it would be eye wateringingly expensive. 

Asworth must been planning this for months, I bet he's been sitting copying files and documents to his private hard drives for weeks, I wonder if he scuppered any transfer deals in January to fuck us over, it'll be interesting to see who Man U sign in the summer.

7 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I did find it funny that Winter was raving about his database of players as if somehow it was Ashworth’s property. Nah - any work you do whilst at a club is property of the club. You don’t get to take it with you when you go.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Asworth must been planning this for months, I bet he's been sitting copying files and documents to his private hard drives for weeks, I wonder if he scuppered any transfer deals in January to fuck us over, it'll be interesting to see who Man U sign in the summer.

I highly doubt that.

That would be an very easy check - and is a guaranteed injunction plus damages waiting to happen.

22 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

I highly doubt that.

That would be an very easy check - and is a guaranteed injunction plus damages waiting to happen.

I'm not sure about that, we are all fishing in the same pond for players 

18 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I don't recall ashworth being this much of a coup when we signed him but now he's going to manure he's Jesus Christ reincarnated.

Although I would have liked to keep him it looks like he's gone regardless.

Naaaa he was, job hopping aside his reputation is second to none.