Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Guest reefatoon

Well since FFP killed any kind of excitement in the transfer market, this is now where we get our kicks. The Director transfer market is the place to be. Hope we can manage to spread the money and bring a few new directors in, would be a massive boost to the boardroom to announce at least three, (one of them a holding director for the number 6 freaks). Can’t wait to see who we bring in. Might get his name on the back of me suit.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Actually quite excited about this. Think we could do with someone with a bit more of a player recruitment leaning to them.

Perhaps that would have helped with some of the decision making we've seen regarding doing a better job of targeting certain areas and getting a better balanced squad.

@KaKa here seems to suggest we could have made better decisions in certain areas in the transfer market and have a better balance in the squad. 

Not pointing the finger at you, but a few of us said the window left us short of quality, depth and balance. Many refuted that and were extremely happy with the window. Sounds like you’re playing both sides. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

@KaKa here seems to suggest we could have made better decisions in certain areas in the transfer market and have a better balance in the squad. 

Not pointing the finger at you, but a few of us said the window left us short of quality, depth and balance. Many refuted that and were extremely happy with the window. Sounds like you’re playing both sides. 

You come across as so weird.

Hello and welcome to the new series of Gardeners World, I'm your new host Monty Dan

This week we'll mainly be working on a small patch of grass in Manchester, trying to figure out how to remove an infestation of slugs who are proving rather troublesome despite earning millions of billions of pounds per week

And my co-host Chemical Jim will be trying to renovate the 25% share of a greenhouse he's bought, whilst having to deal with some rather unhelpful Glazers

Edited by bobbydazzla

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Haven’t read the last few pages properly, who is Phil Giles ?

Director of Football at Brentford. Local lad, year above me at school. Didn't even know he was involved in football until about a year ago.

Just now, Myleftboot said:

So……will Man Utd’s next signings be the players we were going to sign. 🤔

I doubt it.

Different teams with different budgets and needs.

Our signings under Ashworth weren't Brighton's targets, as far as I know.

His main remit doesn't seem to be transfers anyway.

Man U haven't been run like an elite professional outfit. He's there to institute that primarily.

Whispers that he's been a bit unhappy here. Our approach to recruiting professionals seems a little more scattergun than Man U's (the timing and their position is a lot better - they can largely ignore this season) so there's been jostling for power here that he might not have to do at Man U.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Seeing plastic Man U fans giving it the big one on social media is an indictment of humanity and people whose insecurities define their personality 

Firm believer that it speaks volumes about someone's personality that they 'support' Man U with no attachment to the area. Especially from the UK.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

His main remit doesn't seem to be transfers anyway.

Man U haven't been run like an elite professional outfit. He's there to institute that primarily.

Whispers that he's been a bit unhappy here. Our approach to recruiting professionals seems a little more scattergun than Man U's (the timing and their position is a lot better - they can largely ignore this season) so there's been jostling for power here that he might not have to do at Man U.

Surely he’s the man who has been appointing all these analysts and scouts ?

I certainly don’t think everything is a well oiled machine at the club currently, but by his own description he’s the man that puts everything in place, would be interesting to know why he’s been unhappy with the set up currently, not that we’ll ever find out.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Surely he’s the man who has been appointing all these analysts and scouts ?

I certainly don’t think everything is a well oiled machine at the club currently, but by his own description he’s the man that puts everything in place, would be interesting to know why he’s been unhappy with the set up currently, not that we’ll ever find out.

I wonder if he thinks Howe has too much input? Eddie does like a particular profile of player, and he's very hands on across a lot of roles at the club. Maybe little Dan wanted a bit more limelight?

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Personally think most are reading too much into it. He’s good mates with those at Ineos and he gets to join a massive club. Nothing else in it imo.

This, the over analysis is mental.

His big pal wants him at one of the biggest clubs in the world, of course he's going to fancy it.

He could have been unbelievably happy here and still fancied it.

If he was leaving for Everton for example you'd ask the question, but it's Man Utd.

That's all there is to it imo.

Edited by lovejoy

Douglas in the Independent seems to be suggesting we won’t replace like for like, or at least his successor will have a slightly different remit. Which I’d hope wouldn’t be the case.

2 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Douglas in the Independent seems to be suggesting we won’t replace like for like, or at least his successor will have a slightly different remit. Which I’d hope wouldn’t be the case.

Why would you hope it wouldn't be the case?

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I'm reading between the lines. How often do you see Howe commenting on matters above his station? He didn't say it in so many words but I don't think he wants Ashworth around the place.

Let’s hope it’s not one of howe’s stone cold press bluffs and he’s off with him.