Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

3 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Romano absolutely bugs the shit out of me

but I can’t quite put my finger on why 

#HereWeGo!

The desperate drive to turn his whole shtick in to a brand for me. He's insufferable.

So in summary- ratshit wants a) the uk government to build him a new stadium with tax payers money, b) us just to drive Dan ash-turd to old Trafford in a limo and to hell with the compo?... :lol:

The more I think about it, the more fucked off Ratcliffe must be. His comments aren’t wise and aren’t going to help the situation. He obviously couldn’t help himself so that suggests he’s an angry man. Why would he be angry about something that is absolutely standard in contract law / negotiations? Either because he just loves being an entitled prick or Man U aren’t in a strong enough financial position to make the move without damaging some short-term plans. Stupid twat

This guy is in the job for 5 minutes and he acting the fanny over a very normal situation like this. Not a good sign for Man U fans.

Fantastic to read though.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

#HereWeGo!

The desperate drive to turn his whole shtick in to a brand for me. He's insufferable.

He’s also got a sycophant vibe about him. Although he doesn’t actively suck up to people in his tweets he comments unnecessarily on loads of stuff. Obviously it’s about “building his brand” and monetising himself but always feels so desperate to me when he’s surely already in a great position 

They'll be thinking of the next bullshit rule they can get passed to pull the ladder up some more, as is their style. Decades of being allowed to do whatever the fuck they want and they're absolutely bewildered when there's any pushback :lol:

He's right that it's understandable that Ashworth wants to join Man U

However he's delusional if he thinks we should just release him from his contract

I hope the fact Ratty has went crying to the press is because we told him to piss off and pay up

I get the feeling an agreement will be reached with some element of a compromise but the way he's crying to the press I would love for us to not budge a penny, if anything I'd be tempted to up the price and we can call it a "doylem talking shit in public tax" 

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Premier league having an emergency meeting without inviting us to push this ashworth deal through because there a member of the big six. 😂 

If this had been us in 2022 there'd be a ton of headlines like - "Newcastle's Saudi leaders learning on the fly" and "Saudi's hit with Premier League reality"

But for Man United I bet the majority of headlines just go along with these comments and paint us as the unreasonable villain.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Sir Jim Ratcliffe on Dan Ashworth / #nufc situation: "It’s a bit silly, personally. I wont get dragged into that. What I do think is completely absurd is suggesting a man who is really good at his job sits in his garden for one and a half years. We had a very grown up conversation with City about Omar Berrada. "When things got done we sorted it out very amicably. They could see why he wanted to take that challenge. You look at Pep when he’s done with one of his footballers; he doesn’t want them to sit in the garden for one and a half years. He doesn’t do that. That’s not the way the UK works or the law works." Says Ashworth a 10/10 sporting director: "Ultimately, you can't really criticise Dan for looking at maybe the most coveted job in football as a sporting director - particularly with the challenge at Manchester United."

What would he be like if he were dragged in to it?

Looks like Dan could have made a misstep here, doesn’t sound like this is getting resolved anytime soon and clearly the mancs haven’t got 20 million to free him.

The fact he was clearly tapped up before the formal approach won’t be mentioned by the nationals, Dans claims to have been irritated by the speculation looking a bit hollow the little rodent.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

So I didn't know much about Jim Ratcliffe before this Man U takeover stuff, I'll be honest. Reading his entitled, moronic comments about Ashworth and how he just expects us to lie down and take it up the arse just because it's Man United.... what an absolute fucking bellend. He'll fit in well at that club. Got the feeling that when Klopp leaves Liverpool, Man U will very quickly get back to the top of my most hated club list.

Brexiteer who fucked off to Monaco for tax purposes. Proved how strong a business base we'd be by building his electric vehicles in the EU instead of Brexit Britain.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It sucks for him, but it's pretty hilarious if they put Ashworth into an untenable situation with us and then only after realized we weren't messing around. 

Should have talked to the club before trying to go the "back way". Rat.