Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

I admire Froggy's admiration to defend Ratcliffe to the death but honestly, if we had done this I'd be embarrassed.

I was certainly miffed and had an uncomfortable egg on my face feeling when Ashworth said he was leaving us to join Manchester.... now? I'm rather enjoying the whole situation and feel like we have wiped the egg off our face and thrown it straight back at them.

Splat! 

Just now, Lish007 said:

I admire Froggy's admiration to defend Ratcliffe to the death but honestly

What? :lol: Where am I defending him to the death? 

Personally I think he should just pipe down, especially in public, and do his job behind the scenes. He's making moves that are making the fans extremely happy. No need to upset that by bringing vitriol our way by having pops at other clubs.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Everything suggests we're more than happy to wait. We won't back out. It's not a short term project.

Haven’t you heard? Jim’s on death’s door man, he can’t wait 27% of his remaining life just for Ashworth to start. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Any scenario here where Man Utd aren't prepared to pay/wait for him, appoint someone else, and Ashworth backtracks and continues in his role here?

Based off the comments yesterday, I'd say there's a small chance. But I think it would be a much reduced role here - basically only dealing with noncompetitive things like the training grounds - and he'd quietly shuffle out after a diplomatic period of time.

5 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Mind the fuckers on that red cafe are as thick as shit. Clueless about contract law, and even more so in that they will not be seeing Ashworth in any role for a long long time, unless they pay the requested compensation. Sir Rat has just played straight into the arms of our owners, and it's going to be delightful to see their forum fume escalate bit by bit as time passes.

Just had a look on there and can't see anything?!

It all feels very amateurish. The public courting of Ashworth, asking for public money for the stadium and comments regarding Greenwood. The self-entitlement that people should just roll over for this 'institution'. Do your business behind closed doors. 

Put up or shut up. 

Best bit is, he's mouthing off like this, Ashworth said he wants to leave, and there's still no actual approach to the club (as far as we know) 

I'm guessing he just expected to take him and no one saying anything after we paid money and did our approach to Brighton in a professional manner.

Owld cunt.

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Hello Berbaclass from the arrogant cunts forum. He is currently doing an Exile and posting just about every post from here [emoji38]

Doubt he knows where the M6 is nevermind Manchester.

9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Hello Berbaclass from the arrogant cunts forum. He is currently doing an Exile and posting just about every post from here [emoji38]

You're posting on here about Redcafe calling the posters thick as shit and posting links from there. :lol: What's the difference?

Berbaclass, you're a good lad. Don't listen to this guy.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You're posting on here about Redcafe calling the posters thick as shit and posting links from there. :lol: What's the difference?

:lol: that avatar. Yer a rascal you, like. 

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Do you really think I give two fucks what you think

I assume any compromise would be reduced compo (like £10m mark) and he takes up position 1st September. So it mitigates our transfer business in summer and means Man Utd have to wait out a crucial summer window. 

14 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We better not compromise too much. 

It’s O’Rourke. His Exclusive hit rate is about as good as the Elephant Man on a night out.

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Do you really think I give two fucks what you think

I do not, but that doesn't mean I can't respond to your posts and call you out for being a hypocrite.

@Berbaclass, you do you pet.

Other than getting the money, best case scenario is both clubs find somebody else and Ashworth has 2 years out of the game. Plenty others out there that can do the job just as well, if not better. 

1 minute ago, Ste said:

Plenty others out there that can do the job just as well, if not better. 

Lets be honest here, we don't know if this is the case at all. He may well be the best in class.