Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Suspect the whole ‘project’ is on the brink of being downsized to be honest. Which is a shit state of affairs given the fact that the only upside to being owned by cunts was the on pitch success that would follow. 

Why do you suspect the project will be downsized? 

3 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Suspect the whole ‘project’ is on the brink of being downsized to be honest. Which is a shit state of affairs given the fact that the only upside to being owned by cunts was the on pitch success that would follow. 

What makes you think that FFP restraints ? I’m fairly confident the people in charge at the very least are about maximising the value of their investment, the potential for growth is still there it’s just going to take more time unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Why do you suspect the project will be downsized? 

They have been here for two years at this point. Despite the welcome investment,  nothing else appears to be materialising in the way of actual plans. No training ground, for example. We just don’t seem high up the list of priorities for PIF who, every time I check, have added another sporting venture to their portfolio.  And now, if the rumours are true, a half arsed appointment to fill the role previously held by the top man at it 

Edited by Hovagod

13 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

They have been here for two years at this point. Despite the welcome investment,  nothing else appears to be materialising in the way of actual plans. No training ground, for example. We just don’t seem high up the list of priorities for PIF who, every time I check, have added another sporting venture to their portfolio.  And now, if the rumours are true, a half arsed appointment to fill the role previously held by the top man at it 

So absolutely nothing of substance then? Got it.

Think Potter would be a good manager for them if given enough time. However, the massive variable there is how toxic the club is. Hard to see anyone being a success until their off pitch stuff is less toxic. Rat king is likely not the answer as he’s an arrogant, tight twat

26 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Eh? That seems like a massive overreaction and also downplaying loads of stuff. 

That fan village thing.
An overhaul of the youth setup.

The training ground improvements. Some, albeit minor, improvements at the ground for the players.

They have appointed architects and design consultants for the new training ground, I think?

The study into the new stadium or expansion of St James’

Appointing Ashworth, who then subsequently wanted to leave. That’s not necessarily their fault. 
The women’s team. 
A shit load of money spent on players, putting us right up to the line with FFP by all accounts. 

Probably missed some and all. 

We literally just finished a training ground expansion last year to bring it up to a good standard.

I'm sure they have a lot of plans, but not sure if you remember how skelotonised our club was behind the scenes. This is a long term project (hopefully) and not a carbon copy of man city's owners unfettered splurge on every single aspect of a club without second thought.

It'll take time and it'll seemingly be done the hard way if the PL and it's cohorts have their way, so just sit back and buckle in.

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

That's not very long when you consider the state of the club they purchased.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's not very long when you consider the state of the club they purchased.

Unwound 14 years worth of damage in 2 years, even with this season not going to plan. 

3 hours ago, Menace said:

Breach of gardening leave if this is true surely?

unless you're just meeting a mate for dinner and a catch up.

4 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Man U fans would be gutted with Potter….canny manager though.

Would be awesome....couldn't think of a manager less suited to them

8 hours ago, Menace said:

Breach of gardening leave if this is true surely?

theoretically, what kinds of legal penalties could be requested in the UK if Ashworth was caught breaking his contract? Do you have something like tortious interference with contract that be leveled against the Manures? Never happen of course, but one can dream.

23 minutes ago, Randy said:

theoretically, what kinds of legal penalties could be requested in the UK if Ashworth was caught breaking his contract? Do you have something like tortious interference with contract that be leveled against the Manures? Never happen of course, but one can dream.

There are Tort Laws in the UK, worth googling them.

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Would be awesome....couldn't think of a manager less suited to them

Actually strike that. Bruce would be better. Proper football man, knows the club and how to win trophies with Man U. Would be awesome to see the pundits defending him when he's lost 3-0 at home to any team whatsoever

I keep seeing stories over the last couple of days about Ashworth supposedly already doing work on behalf of Man Utd... but he's supposed to still be on garden leave and we've not received any compo to change that, unless I've missed something?!

(... I'm presuming it's just the usual lazy journalism, but I hope our owners are keeping a close eye on it, would love to catch Man Utd out and get them hit with misconduct)