Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

35 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Do any Newcastle fans really give a shit about what’s happening with Dan? Apart from wanting to extract the maximum cash it feels like all we care about is who’s coming in next

I want us to make a stand against the ESL cabal. I’d be happy for us to pay Dan’s contract out and let them go 2 years without him and move on, same with Arsenal’s interest in Bruno, and Isak. Fuck them, we shouldn’t sell to them. If any of the ESL cabal clubs are interested in them, then so will rich clubs outside of England, and we should not be selling to direct rivals.

Arsenal, and Man Utd are clubs that we are looking to leapfrog, and for them to progress away from us, they either need our DOF, or our players, so no, fuck them.

They can have our players off us when it’s us selling the likes of Nicky Butt. 

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think they reluctantly agreed an acceptable compensation fee. :lol:

What do you mean by finally? This wasn't drawn out in the slightest. We only made the move for him at the start of April. 

Pay us 20m and be done with it. We ain't budging if you ain't buying. 

I think the situation is the same as it was a month or so ago:

1) They pay the money and he goes

2) They refuse and he sits around doing nothing for another 18 months then he joins for nothing in 2026.

Appears we're making moves to replace him so it'll all be a bit moot soon enough. Maybe if they'd done things a little more privately and professionally then he'd already be there by now? All I know is that, as it stands, we currently value Ashworth more than they do and nothing will happen unless they equal our value of him. He's history up here regardless, good luck trying to slow-roll the richest and most ruthless cunts on the planet :lol:

26 minutes ago, midds said:

He's history up here regardless, good luck trying to slow-roll the richest and most ruthless cunts on the planet :lol:

Doesn't this go towards FFP though? I suggested in another thread you would spend heavily again in the summer, and other posters suggested you won't have much of a budget at all and that it will likely continue into subsequent windows. 

There's being rich and ruthless and there's being stupid. I still think a deal will be done in and around the £10m mark once the summer window closes. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Doesn't this go towards FFP though? I suggested in another thread you would spend heavily again in the summer, and other posters suggested you won't have much of a budget at all and that it will likely continue into subsequent windows. 

There's being rich and ruthless and there's being stupid. I still think a deal will be done in and around the £10m mark once the summer window closes. 

No idea as to FFP but I think so? It's income at the end of the day. 

From what I gather the Saudis aren't keen on getting stung on deals and have more than enough cash to see him rot for the next couple of years rather than lose face. I think a compromise will eventually be reached but they'll not give in or bend for anyone. They'll have a price they're happy with and it'll either be met or it won't :thup:

3 minutes ago, midds said:

No idea as to FFP but I think so? It's income at the end of the day. 

From what I gather the Saudis aren't keen on getting stung on deals and have more than enough cash to see him rot for the next couple of years rather than lose face. I think a compromise will eventually be reached but they'll not give in or bend for anyone. They'll have a price they're happy with and it'll either be met or it won't :thup:

It's the way it should be tbh. 

We've been so badly run we end up having to pay people for years after they leave. :lol: never seem to have any bargaining power whatsoever because of the stupid deals we put people on. 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's the way it should be tbh. 

We've been so badly run we end up having to pay people for years after they leave. :lol: never seem to have any bargaining power whatsoever because of the stupid deals we put people on. 

Exactly

He picked the perfect club as someone so entitled, sod off you scruffy old cunt, you don't always get your own way.

Edited by Bimpy474

Have to bare in mind that Man U could resolve this entire situation by just paying the money we're after. It's all well and good moaning like fuck about having to pay for the services of a bloke they rate and want but they unsettled him in the first place. They've caused the situation by publically courting him but they're unable/unwilling to pay the cash to actually get him. Then the bridge-dweller pops up on national tv actually and complains about it :lol:

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be tempted to just turn down any amount they offer and leave Ashworth on gardening leave for the rest of his contract tbh.

This is where I am now.  Fuck the FFP bump, let him rot.

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still pedling for tax payer dosh to pay for his stadium.  Complete sense of entitlement. 

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be tempted to just turn down any amount they offer and leave Ashworth on gardening leave for the rest of his contract tbh.

Nah, never do things that are counter productive to your team. That said, quote the price then tell him to shove it up his arse if he doesn't meet it. Period. They did the exact same to the Mags so what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

His whole involvement in manure is going to end in delicious tears. The current team needs massive investment to seriously challenge top 4 never mind higher. That’s not just the players are not good enough, but the team seems rotten and full Of bad characters. 

I know they are a massive club, but to turn it around will require massive changes that I don’t think he can introduce when he’s a minority shareholder. There already seemed to be a slightly passive aggressive dig at the fans over wanting instant results in that interview.

I bet in 5 years times they won’t be back to really competing regularly for the prem or advancing in the CL. The fans will moan and I can see him and his ego/thin skinned response is to walk out blaming the fans. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He's so fucking insufferable, it's a perfect match. Already whinging, already acting like he's entitled to have whatever he wants. This is going to be great [emoji38]

Already threaten to unleash Lord Cunt Coe on us - another Tory twat