Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

16 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

A few FPL gurus were citing good opening fixtures (ignoring that those fixtures were also good for the teams playing them) and they hardly conceded in pre-season.

Stupid choice though, Steele, Leno and others are also 4.5 'keepers.

Brad Fridels' super goalkeeper stat tracker tech says Leno is one of the best keepers in the league. 

With having to take De Bruyne out, I'm tempted to pay for an additional transfer, removing one of my poorer midfielders as well, and having a hefty budget to fill the gaps with two 8.5/9.0ers...

Would it be a risk to stick with the same team for two weeks in a row? Fixtures for my players are favourable, and I can't think of anyone I particularly want to bring in. So tempted to save the free transfer.

46 minutes ago, 54 said:

Would it be a risk to stick with the same team for two weeks in a row? Fixtures for my players are favourable, and I can't think of anyone I particularly want to bring in. So tempted to save the free transfer.

No, and pretty much all the experts say that's exactly what you should do if there aren't any glaring problems.

On a related note, I can't decide whether to take a four point hit to bring in Salah and a defender at the expense of Rashford and TAA...

Edited by jonny1403

45 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

No, and pretty much all the experts say that's exactly what you should do if there aren't any glaring problems.

On a related note, I can't decide whether to take a four point hit to bring in Salah and a defender at the expense of Rashford and TAA...

Got Salah captain this weekend. They have Bournemouth a 9-0 gubbing last season and can see the Cherries being a bit hit and miss as the new boss implements his style.

18 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Got Salah captain this weekend. They have Bournemouth a 9-0 gubbing last season and can see the Cherries being a bit hit and miss as the new boss implements his style.

Aye I'm a bit tetchy not having Salah for that fixture. Although I'm sure that 9-0 he had no goal involvements, or 1 assist at best? Was a freak occurrence though. 

Leaving my side as it is and waiting to watch everything level out a bit. Gusto might be a good shout in for Colwill if he's going to play in James's absence. Will see if that happens this weekend. 

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Funfact, Salah scored 3 points that game.:lol: They got hammered by Liverpool and City early on, but funnily enough they still managed to stop Salah and Haaland.

Edited by Erikse