Nick Pope

Rich

It's funny isn't it, Tripps coming up, he's clearly basically club captain but no-one has the heart to take it off Lascelles. Don't disagree would be unnecessarily harsh on Lascelles, and the squad seem full of leaders who don't step on each others toes so what's the harm but still it's kinda clear he's the proper leader

3 hours ago, Tiresias said:

It's funny isn't it, Tripps coming up, he's clearly basically club captain but no-one has the heart to take it off Lascelles. Don't disagree would be unnecessarily harsh on Lascelles, and the squad seem full of leaders who don't step on each others toes so what's the harm but still it's kinda clear he's the proper leader

Within seconds of being on the pitch against Tranmere, he was ordering the back line about to get forward, including Lascelles who did exactly as ordered. There is absolutely no doubt who’s leading this team.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Within seconds of being on the pitch against Tranmere, he was ordering the back line about to get forward, including Lascelles who did exactly as ordered. There is absolutely no doubt who’s leading this team.

He played 6 games last season and I'll debate anyone that he was our player of the season last season. He changed the entire mindset of this club.

39 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not to disagree, as that's definitely a part of his influence, but what I noticed was him encouraging players to get forward, with a kind of "yeah, don't worry" look on his face.

I thin he put a lot of pressured minds at ease.

Edited by Happinesstan

Another thing I’ve noticed today is how Pope is looking to play or throw out immediately after collecting .. Dubs used to slow the game a lot and hang onto it. Pope puts us on a front foot much more. 

2 minutes ago, dave s said:

Another thing I’ve noticed today is how Pope is looking to play or throw out immediately after collecting .. Dubs used to slow the game a lot and hang onto it. Pope puts us on a front foot much more. 

He’s an upgrade. No question. Will always look ropey as fuck with the ball at his feet though.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

He’s an upgrade. No question. Will always look ropey as fuck with the ball at his feet though.

A bit of a steal though, considering t. rex was £25m a good few years ago 

Just now, dave s said:

A bit of a steal though, considering t. rex was £25m a good few years ago 

Absolutely, but age and his contract situation were probably the main drivers. He’s improved the first XI and any signing that does that at the minute is a win.

5 hours ago, Kanji said:

His kicking is fine

i love how he casually catches shit 

His long kicking (when not under pressure) is more than fine. 

His touch, and associated ‘playing out’, not so much.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

His long kicking of a moving ball is appalling.  Gets no direction on it all too often.  

It’s strange, because his long kicking of a stationary ball is actually pretty good.

Probably shouldn’t dwell on his negatives though as he’s already proved a substantial upgrade.

So positive with commanding his box. Can always hear him from set pieces and the players seem to trust him when he comes for it. 

Spoke to his cousin on Saturday. Says he is loving it here so far. His Dad, so Nick’s Uncle. Has been to every game so far and is also loving it :lol: