Nick Pope

Rich

5 minutes ago, OCK said:

Two saves landing on his right hand side, so nice to see mentally he's recovered from the injury. That was my only doubt coming in to the season - so let's go! 

Wasn’t it his left shoulder that went? 

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

Fine for this season, but needs upgrading next season his kicking today was atrocious.

It looked windy as fuck in fairness to him. A few heart in mouth moments. 

11 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Fine for this season, but needs upgrading next season his kicking today was atrocious.

Has to be next in line after RCB and RW to be upgraded. Hard to have a possession based game if we're having to set up to get the ball back or defend a throw-in every time the ball goes back to him. 

13 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Great goalkeeper, but his kicking is embarrassing. Dont they train with ball in their feet at all?

They do, he's just genuinely not very good at it. Not easy to improve upon him overall, though.

I love this lad and I don’t want to change him but it does actually harm us significantly how often he just passes it out or onto the head of the opposing team. He looks absolutely terrified when the ball is played back to him and he has to control it. I can understand that but how he can’t kick a stationary ball properly is utterly mental 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Has to be next in line after RCB and RW to be upgraded. Hard to have a possession based game if we're having to set up to get the ball back or defend a throw-in every time the ball goes back to him. 

100%.

Simply don’t get the Pope bashing, Pickford messed up again yesterday as did the Ipswich keeper as did the Soton keeper last week.

Judge him on the goals he saves not his ability on the ball. There’s something to be said for having a keeper who doesn’t think he’s the next coming of Pirlo.

I’d be pretty confident that more goals have been conceded from keeper errors than goals scored created by a keepers eye for a pass.

I would move Pope on simply because you can't have individuals in a group striving for success that is that frightened of something. He gives me fucking heart attacks, I'm like 'don't' when our cbs are under pressure