Nick Pope

Rich

9 hours ago, Fak said:

:lol:

Where do you even start with that? :lol:

Firstly, are we just going to play with Dubravka?

Secondly, Pickford is better than Pope.

Is Pope going to downgrade to Everton, just because it's Dyche?

So much bullshit to unpack.

I'd happily swap keepers mind.... even though Pickford is Satan.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Where do you even start with that? :lol:

Firstly, are we just going to play with Dubravka?

Secondly, Pickford is better than Pope.

Is Pope going to downgrade to Everton, just because it's Dyche?

So much bullshit to unpack.

I'd happily swap keepers mind.... even though Pickford is Satan.

Exactly. There’s a lot going wrong at Everton but surely Pickford is their only positive. 

Not sure I understand the Pickford love either although others will have watched him a lot more than me. 

Genuine question, Englands number 1 for the last 4-5 years whatever, why has a top 6 club never sniffed around him. Doesn’t ever seem to get linked with anyone despite being in a relegation battle for the last 4 years. 

41 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Not sure I understand the Pickford love either although others will have watched him a lot more than me. 

Genuine question, Englands number 1 for the last 4-5 years whatever, why has a top 6 club never sniffed around him. Doesn’t ever seem to get linked with anyone despite being in a relegation battle for the last 4 years. 

Cuase he's a thick Mackem charva.

A bit of a needless dig, but that's 100% a goal if Dubravka's playing.

I thought it was a certain goal when Cunha hit it, that's when you know you've got a fantastic 'keeper

Edited by Kid Icarus

I always feel like Pope makes saves that look routine. But in fact, they are anything but. That’s not an easy save from Cunha. But he made it look straightforward. 

We all know he is bad with the ball at feet.  But the biggest compliment I can pay him is how he makes the hard stuff look easy when it comes to keeping the ball out the net. 

He swept well, made some standard saves without dropping a clanger then pulled off a worldie save to keep the 3 points. 

But we need to look at upgrading him because that footwork is a hindrance. Will not be an easy task.

42 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

He swept well, made some standard saves without dropping a clanger then pulled off a worldie save to keep the 3 points. 

But we need to look at upgrading him because that footwork is a hindrance. Will not be an easy task.

It will take an amazing upgrade to replace Pope.  He's brilliant.

55 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I thought it was a certain goal when Cunha hit it, that's when you know you've got a fantastic 'keeper

That's a goal with most keepers tbf, don't think many would have kept that out. Pickford has the agility but his tiddly little arms wouldn't have stretched far enough.

He's obviously pretty horrendous with the ball at his feet but that doesn't need to become a liability. I've got very few issues with him just putting his foot through it when he needs to, it's safety first and unlikely to directly cost us any goals over the course of the season. Taking no risks and putting it 60 yards away is far more preferable to trying to do things he's not capable of, getting caught out and giving up goals as a result. He's an excellent shot-stopper and awful footballer - stick to kicking it long and saving certain goals like today

No matter how the game evolves i think I’ll always be in the camp of a keeper who makes big saves over good footwork. If only he could improve it slightly though… :lol:

Dunno how it can't be any slower as he still looks like he will shit himself when the ball goes back to him. Why can't he pick it up and throw it. Some of his kicks didn't even go out of play and they were back on us. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I thought the same :lol:

3 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Dunno how it can't be any slower as he still looks like he will shit himself when the ball goes back to him. Why can't he pick it up and throw it. Some of his kicks didn't even go out of play and they were back on us. 

When the ball is passed back to him? :lol:

7 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

It’s against the rules?