Nick Pope

Rich

Just now, Jack27 said:

Please please please do not get injured

I think they might be looking to shift him?  Otherwise if his shoulder goes again, we have two 3rd choice keepers and barely 4th choice in Gillespie as back ups.  

It still seems risky with another starting keeper, TBH.  As they could still get injured or suspended and we'd be struggling without them.

Unless they have a lot of faith in Ruddy or we did actually scout this lad from Forest and it isn't purely a PSR tat for tat favour.  Then it seems risky whatever way you look at it.

I think popey will be sold and Trafford will be the replacement. That's why they've bought in two wise heads as backups to help him bed in. 

Just now, andycap said:

I think popey will be sold and Trafford will be the replacement. That's why they've bought in two wise heads as backups to help him bed in. 

Absolute disaster. Not a chance that happens. He’d be coming in as an understudy to Pope which is a non starter with signing the Greek lad. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

i suspect you’re right 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I think it’s a case of waiting now till late in window and make the deal. 

Eddie doesn't like too much upheaval in one go, personally would be surprised if he wanted to change the entire goalkeeping department in one window. 

Trafford in for Pope would leave Mark Gillespie as last man standing :lol:

Trafford will be seen as the for here and now and the future. Already has a good distribution skillset, the rest can be worked on a bit like Joe Hart at Birmingham. 

Just now, gbandit said:

I think the main judgement is coming from his time at Benfica where he appears to have been despised by all and sundry

Was their No.1 - played in CL.  Can't have been that bad.

16 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Thought Benfica fans loved him? Will have to take a look now. He was very highly rated prior to the Forrest move.

I know next to nothing about the geezer, but by most accounts he's been dreadful for a while.

Hell of a gamble if we don't bring in another keeper.

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Those stat nerds were totally wasting their own time by doing that analysis like

Even a mole who’d been blasted in the face with pepper spray could see that MDubz was absolutely gash and cost us shitloads of points