Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not the ballot that’s the issue, it’s the not being able to choose area or price. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This is the absolutely bare minimum. 

FWIW they probably know that but weren’t competent enough to get the system ready for this season. 

i agree, however im not sure how feasible that is with the amount of seats up for grabs

people will complain they missed the email and log in time to select seats and were left with the £74 seats anyway so the club are never going to please everyone

Just now, AJ9 said:

But every other ticketing site created has a ballot that allows you to select a seat. Cricket, concerts, etc.

Thats an initially fully empty arena or stand though which isnt the same in our case

there will be seats dotted all over the ground

It’s feasible if you had a good enough system. 

I guess they’re worried about having unsold seats as affordable/desirable ones run out. But that will happen anyway if people have to get refunds on tickets they’ve been randomly allocated and can’t afford. 

In a way it’s worse for the people who want the £74 seats. Presumably they’ll lose interest in the experience quite quickly if they can’t guarantee a luxury seat. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Thats an initially fully empty arena or stand though which isnt the same in our case

there will be seats dotted all over the ground

Ashes tickets aren’t like this though. Usually tour companies get a block, club members first in and then general sale ballots, so you’re not picking from an empty ground, though granted the demand isn’t as crazy and there are more seats available than would be to NUFC members.

The ones used for the World Cup and euros are decent. There are four “categories” of tickets based on which stand they’re in etc. you then pick which category you want to be in and you can choose to accept one category up or down too.

it’s not difficult 

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Either that, or the option to say no if you get the £74 ones for example even if it means you don't get a ticket that day..

What if I've got terrible eyesight and end up in Level 7 ?

Or I like to have a full view of the pitch and admire tactics, but end up low down in a corner ?

etc etc etc etc

What's so difficult about letting people choose where in the ground they want to be and then they pay the appropriate price for that area

It's pretty much standard practice for every sporting or entertainment event that takes place in an arena

Fuck knows why they want to take that away from us

Edited by bobbydazzla

The club's only chance now is to come out and say "we wanted to let you choose seats, but our website is too shite because Mike Ashley never invested in it. We will fix it as soon as we can".

If that's not the case, and they actually thought this was the best option, then we really need to be worried.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The club's only chance now is to come out and say "we wanted to let you choose seats, but our website is too shite because Mike Ashley never invested in it. We will fix it as soon as we can".

If that's not the case, and they actually thought this was the best option, then we really need to be worried.

I think it's the latter, unfortunately. The club were looking to move to some new vendors and starting a 'digital transformation' last season; I presume they're still figuring this out following new hires as the ticketing vendor is still SeatGeek (pretty sure it was the same last season). A couple of PL clubs have moved away from SeatGeek this year as they have limitations but they're good enough to handle a better system than this. I don't think the club have a formal Head of Ticketing yet which is quite common at other clubs; so I presume decisions are currently split between the Marketing & Commercial leads with sign-off from above.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

Would have made more sense if they drew the ballot - and the people that were successful then got a period where they could pick seat via the usual method, if they could not get the seat they wanted (based on location and cost), then they do not buy a ticket and somebody else who was not successful in the ballot gets a chance.

Not sure if that would be possible with the ticketing software they have though.

Just now, Bally21 said:

Would have made more sense if they drew the ballot - and the people that were successful then got a period where they could pick seat via the usual method, if they could not get the seat they wanted (based on location and cost), then they do not buy a ticket and somebody else who was not successful in the ballot gets a chance.

Not sure if that would be possible with the ticketing software they have though.

If the software isn’t good enough they should have left it as it was last season. Idiotic 

Just now, TheGuv said:

If the software isn’t good enough they should have left it as it was last season. Idiotic 

Yeah, last season's method was better than the pile of shite they have come up with.

From the sound of things, it doesn't seem that it would need too much to go back to last season's system pretty quickly no matter how imperfect - because it seems nobody at all is in favour of the current one.

It's the type of thing NUST should be all over if they aren't already, as well the likes of the Chronicle e.g. 5 things we've learnt about the ticketing process (but, seriously questions in a press conference could usefully raise the issue).

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Surely there's a way way they could let you select the area of the ground you want to sit, and you ballot for those areas? 

Obviously it limits your chances if you're going for certain price bands but least you'd know in advance you're not going to be stung for £74 if you can't afford that bracket. 

14 minutes ago, Abacus said:

From the sound of things, it doesn't seem that it would need too much to go back to last season's system pretty quickly no matter how imperfect - because it seems nobody at all is in favour of the current one.

It's the type of thing NUST should be all over if they aren't already, as well the likes of the Chronicle e.g. 5 things we've learnt about the ticketing process (but, seriously questions in a press conference could usefully raise the issue).

I managed to get one all season due to work patterns not being able to log-on for 10am certain days. Only reason I got that one was because I was already on holiday that day so could log-in.

Think that system is shite. If they tweak the ballot to give the option to select your price limit or area of the ground it's far better?

You're never going to get a system that pleases all, but several thousand tickets available is still better than the season ticket only days of the 90s. 

I understand last season was not a perfect solution, as someone that could log in on time I got to go to all the games I wanted to however what they have come up with is an absolute farce

Who on earth is possibly happy with this solution? Someone that is really well off and doesn't care where they sit? That can't be many people

Going to see if the club responds in the next few days, if not, then I'm just going to cancel my membership. I only really wanted to go to at least one CL game but not sure all this farce is worth it for that (Just have to hope I can maybe go via General Sale)

40 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Seen a couple of comments on Twitter from Arsenal fans noting that it effectively replicates their system. Assuming Peter Silverstones influence.

Biggest difference with us and Arsenal has to be the socio-economics of the region. Can’t imagine young lads from the poorer parts of town ever getting in now. Or if they did it’s a once in a blue moon treat. 

The box office seems to be a bit of a shambles to be honest. It can’t be that difficult to put in a new website or system. You’ll get people who specifically want to be in the Platinum Club, and others who want the cheapest ticket possible. Neither are going to be happy unless they get lucky. 

Moving people to the standing area seemed a bit of a farce too. I couldn’t add more than three when there were four of us, so it left off my mates son who is 8. I called him and he then put a separate one in for him and his son. They both got moved, then I got an email to say I’d been moved too, swiftly followed by a call to say I was being moved back as my third person was in a two. I asked if our remaining two could be moved then, and they said no as it was for a three. The woman in the box office basically had a go at me and said I was to add the forth in the comments section. I’m not that bothered as my seat is decent anyway, but just seemed shambolic. 

Also seems bizarre you can’t move seats in the summer too. At least I’ve got a Season Ticket but they don’t inspire confidence in their decisions.