Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Season ticket holders go to games and get priority on cup games and away games.

If they are buying extra tickets then they are buying tickets for none season ticket holders, not themselves.

Aye give them priority on non-season ticket matches, but don’t start giving them an extra ticket before you let others have a chance.

Edited by Stifler

19 minutes ago, Slim said:

I would also say you should not be rewarded and actually punished for supporting Mike Ashley all the years.  Impossible to keep everyone happy.

Think they are doing it is good.

I think a ballot for between 10% to 25% of away tickets I think would be fair, rest are for the points system, bit harsh if everyone’s points become worthless

I think the points systems has flaws. You can have someone who has 100+ points, yet hasn’t bought an away ticket for years. Yet you can have someone with much less and are going or trying to go to games more recently.

On top of this you need to give others a chance to go. Maybe saying 50% of away tickets should go to those with the highest points, 40% to more recent purchasers, and then 10% to ballet between remaining season ticket holders and members. If anything is left over, then general sale.

You do have to give people a chance to go to away games somehow. Right now you just need to know one of the chosen few who can get you a ticket. 

I’ve been to hundreds of games, including away and European, but I’ve got 0 loyalty points. 

23 minutes ago, Slim said:

Ha its all good just saying no body will be 100% happy.  Do like the ballot for away games

Seems that this will be the case this season. Don't think it will (or should) be the entire away allocation, but should at least stop people buying for others and allow people chance to build up points for away games in future.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You do have to give people a chance to go to away games somehow. Right now you just need to know one of the chosen few who can get you a ticket. 

I’ve been to hundreds of games, including away and European, but I’ve got 0 loyalty points. 

Same here. 

5 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Seems that this will be the case this season. Don't think it will (or should) be the entire away allocation, but should at least stop people buying for others and allow people chance to build up points for away games in future.

I think West Ham recently did 10% (?) of away tickets as ballots. Not sure how well it worked though? I’ll try and do some digging as to what the issues were.

47 minutes ago, Slim said:

Anyone know if you can buy a childs ticket with an adult membership on the new ones?

I couldn’t I had to make a new email address and put it on my sons name 

Luckily someone told me whilst I was in the queue , so I made a new account 

linked them , then when I got into the system I could buy one adult membership and one junior 

I was misreading Queue number for position in queue. D’oh. Done it now. I was around number 40500. Will be interesting to know how many of the 40000+ before actually went ahead with getting one.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

I think West Ham recently did 10% (?) of away tickets as ballots. Not sure how well it worked though? I’ll try and do some digging as to what the issues were.

I know other clubs use a ballot system, and some having a rolling points system (Sunderland IIRC being one of them). Either way, in order to avoid away days becoming a closed shop, it will need reviewed. Those with 50pts probably stand little to no chance of away games except midweeks, which I also get is the argument to build your points up.

Can we stop the intentional false info in the threads like this? People are understandably anxious about it and talking shit about limited memberships isn’t funny, it just leads to pages and pages of shite for people to scroll through when they’re asking legitimate questions.

14 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I know other clubs use a ballot system, and some having a rolling points system (Sunderland IIRC being one of them). Either way, in order to avoid away days becoming a closed shop, it will need reviewed. Those with 50pts probably stand little to no chance of away games except midweeks, which I also get is the argument to build your points up.

I think we’re at the point where it’s not realistic to ‘build your points up’. You’d need to go to every midweek away game for about a decade to stand a chance. 

22 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I was misreading Queue number for position in queue. D’oh. Done it now. I was around number 40500. Will be interesting to know how many of the 40000+ before actually went ahead with getting one.

The queue system is sometimes a bit misleading due to the shit design. 

I just logged in before lunch, my number was 30,000+ but there were only 15 people ahead of me. That’s the important number, but the first thing you see is the queue number. 

I guess it continues to just give the next ‘queue number’ all day, so it adds up very quickly. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The queue system is sometimes a bit misleading due to the shit design. 

I just logged in before lunch, my number was 30,000+ but there were only 15 people ahead of me. That’s the important number, but the first thing you see is the queue number. 

I guess it continues to just give the next ‘queue number’ all day, so it adds up very quickly. 

Indeed. Be surprised if we’ve sold anywhere near 10k memberships today tbh.

1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

I'll put me tin hat on here but some season ticket holders would argue being able to buy an extra ticket is reward for spending thousands of pounds over the years through some shit seasons while some just fancy it since the takeover. I'm not talking about Ashley acceptance here either because many have been ST holders for decades and pre Ashley. Personally I chucked my ST when Rafa left, after having it for 29 years before anyone accuses me of thinking I'm holier than thou.

They can argue all they like. If we start with the agreement that fair access to tickets is what we’re aiming for, there’s absolutely no justification for it. The past is the past, we are where we are.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not sure whether they’ll say how many they’ve sold like, so might not get to find out.

True but they had thousands and thousands of people try and be unsuccessful to get season tickets and pretty much the only way you’ll bf able to get a ticket next season is thru a membership. They’ll sell well over 10k