Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Hold on :lol: I just looked the queue is now 31k that’s mental you could almost fill other premier league grounds with membership demands alone :lol:

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

Hold on :lol: I just looked the queue is now 31k 2 hours after they went on sale and after I presume thousands have already been on and got theirs and people think members will get a ticket easily? 

Yeah- people are dreaming if they think that. There will be ‘000s not even tried yet too, and even more in the next two months. There will be massive queues trying to get tickets for all/most games I reckon, like that for memberships themselves.

23 minutes ago, Sifu said:

I remember match tickets being loaded onto your membership card back in 2010/11 - hope that comes back.

Yeah, that would be ideal. Stop people buying them to sell as easily too (although with the limit of one it shouldn't be so bad).

1 minute ago, SteV said:

I wouldn’t place too much stock in the quoted queue numbers being the number of actual people attempting to buy a membership…

We’ll no but it gives an indication I imagine it wouldn’t be too much different

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

£35 haha

Oh. :lol: Shows how out of date I am about that then. Was it £10 last year or have I completely made it up?

I'm 5 minutes from the front of the queue and I find out it's £35. I live 400 miles away, thought I'd just buy one anyway in case there's any games on the south coast I can get a ticket for - Bournemouth, Southampton, cup games in Plymouth. £10 seemed a decent punt.

£35 and I might have to have a think! Though tbh I'm probably quite happy just to give the club £35 as I know it'll be spent properly now.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Oh. :lol: Shows how out of date I am about that then. Was it £10 last year or have I completely made it up?

I'm 5 minutes from the front of the queue and I find out it's £35. I live 400 miles away, thought I'd just buy one anyway in case there's any games on the south coast I can get a ticket for - Bournemouth, Southampton, cup games in Plymouth. £10 seemed a decent punt.

£35 and I might have to have a think! Though tbh I'm probably quite happy just to give the club £35 as I know it'll be spent properly now.

Was £30 last season. 

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me down on the south coast. Just got mine and have the same thought that the money will be used well and I get some junk in the post, sweet.

4 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me down on the south coast. Just got mine and have the same thought that the money will be used well and I get some junk in the post, sweet.

Yeah I've bought one. I'm considering it an investment. Might pay for the toe nail of our next signing. 

I'll put me tin hat on here but some season ticket holders would argue being able to buy an extra ticket is reward for spending thousands of pounds over the years through some shit seasons while some just fancy it since the takeover. I'm not talking about Ashley acceptance here either because many have been ST holders for decades and pre Ashley. Personally I chucked my ST when Rafa left, after having it for 29 years before anyone accuses me of thinking I'm holier than thou.

3 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

I'll put me tin hat on here but some season ticket holders would argue being able to buy an extra ticket is reward for spending thousands of pounds over the years through some shit seasons while some just fancy it since the takeover. I'm not talking about Ashley acceptance here either because many have been ST holders for decades and pre Ashley. Personally I chucked my ST when Rafa left, after having it for 29 years before anyone accuses me of thinking I'm holier than thou.

Whilst I kind of get that, I'd say the people more responsible for the takeover happening are the people who stopped going, not the people who continued going.

If everyone had just kept packing the place out week on week, we'd still have Fat Mike.

6 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

But a season ticket holder has a ticket, that is their reward

Obviously it's tough to find a solution where everyone is happy but allowing members to have priority then ST and then general sale seems fairer imo, though I accept I speak from a position of bias

What is clear is that long term there needs to be a solution because our current stadium isn't big enough

I would also say you should not be rewarded and actually punished for supporting Mike Ashley all the years.  Impossible to keep everyone happy.

Think they are doing it is good.