NUFC Twitter/YouTube

JonBez comesock

On 19/12/2023 at 23:06, Elbel1 said:

Confident that I won't be the first to say this but Rob M on Twitter is comfortably the biggest bellend associated with the NUFC social media crowd

Comes across as a massive helmet after his 5 minutes of fame.

The thing about being a ‘name’ on Twitter, YouTube, or whatever it may be, is that you have to have an opinion on everything (related to your ‘field’) to stay relevant, and usually that needs to be a snap opinion.

Inevitably that results in you coming out with a stupid opinion every so often (some more frequently than others…), and people will forever hold than stupid opinion against you, but that’s the nature of the world you’ve signed up for.

I pretty much only watch the Eddie press conferences and The Toon Review. It's grown on me a fair bit but there are parts that properly bring out the petty rage in me :)

A shitty dance track intro for a minute, and then another (albeit very good) intro. Only 1 of the 3 is a Geordie (but I do enjoy the other two's input), fans can pay for a "Superchat" that gets read out straight away but all the host then says is "indeed" after each one. I've never understood the point of this.

The interplay between them is good though, the stats part is educational and informative and the watch along commentary is good. I put that on if I can't watch the match but have access to YT so I can hear what's going on. The host Geordie holds the comms together really well I feel. Their backgrounds and presentation look professional enough and the absolute disdain for steve bruce is a bonus.

8 hours ago, SteV said:

The thing about being a ‘name’ on Twitter, YouTube, or whatever it may be, is that you have to have an opinion on everything (related to your ‘field’) to stay relevant, and usually that needs to be a snap opinion.

Inevitably that results in you coming out with a stupid opinion every so often (some more frequently than others…), and people will forever hold than stupid opinion against you, but that’s the nature of the world you’ve signed up for.

They come out with a stupid opinion and then whinge on when they get a bit of flack for it.

Bunch of bellends, the lot of them (imo).

2 hours ago, Danh1 said:

They come out with a stupid opinion and then whinge on when they get a bit of flack for it.

Bunch of bellends, the lot of them (imo).

No one is forcing them to rush out with an opinion either....

Twatter has turned to utter shit. If it's not loads of people selling drugs with the nufc hashtag, it's full of scam tweets trying to scam supporters with the very unconvincing "I have 3 spare tickets" message. Has Musk sacked everyone now?

45 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Twatter has turned to utter shit. If it's not loads of people selling drugs with the nufc hashtag, it's full of scam tweets trying to scam supporters with the very unconvincing "I have 3 spare tickets" message. Has Musk sacked everyone now?

what!?

11 minutes ago, wormy said:

Come on sempuki, don't he a dick. Link poor Jambo up. 

Wormy. I like you. And I’d like to think that you like me. But don’t you EVER accuse me of being a druggie again or so help me god I will do the unthinkable and make you the only user on my ignore list. So just think about that whilst you’re eating your Christmas dinner. 

21 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Wormy. I like you. And I’d like to think that you like me. But don’t you EVER accuse me of being a druggie again or so help me god I will do the unthinkable and make you the only user on my ignore list. So just think about that whilst you’re eating your Christmas dinner. 

Piss off jambo

Can't get my head round some of this, these are actual fans that go to the games, in fairness I don't think the result was great, some of the individual performances of some were really poor, but, our circumstances this season have been ridiculous at times, it's been such a challenge for the players and Eddie Howe. The carry on at times though is unreal, I don't think we were ever getting champions league again this season, most realistic thinkers must have known this, Europa League? Possibly, then we had an injury conundrum, key summer signings disappearing for the season, followed by game, after game, after game, players returning only to get injured again, the side being constantly switched and unsettled. The whole thing has been a nightmare, I think it's been so tough on Howe this season,  he still has us in a respectable position in the league, yes we've had some really poor results and performances of late, but let's not get silly, he's absolutely not to blame here, he only said in his post match that we can actually train again, it's not ideal the situation, but I guess he's been trying to avoid further injuries to the squad.

The next four fixtures are horrendous given our current form, but we've got to get behind Eddie and these lads, surely!

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Can't get my head round some of this, these are actual fans that go to the games, in fairness I don't think the result was great, some of the individual performances of some were really poor, but, our circumstances this season have been ridiculous at times, it's been such a challenge for the players and Eddie Howe. The carry on at times though is unreal, I don't think we were ever getting champions league again this season, most realistic thinkers must have known this, Europa League? Possibly, then we had an injury conundrum, key summer signings disappearing for the season, followed by game, after game, after game, players returning only to get injured again, the side being constantly switched and unsettled. The whole thing has been a nightmare, I think it's been so tough on Howe this season,  he still has us in a respectable position in the league, yes we've had some really poor results and performances of late, but let's not get silly, he's absolutely not to blame here, he only said in his post match that we can actually train again, it's not ideal the situation, but I guess he's been trying to avoid further injuries to the squad.

The next four fixtures are horrendous given our current form, but we've got to get behind Eddie and these lads, surely!

People are absolutely desperate to jump on to the Goldbridge/ Arsenal fan tv grift. Big money to be made sadly. 

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

People are absolutely desperate to jump on to the Goldbridge/ Arsenal fan tv grift. Big money to be made sadly. 

It did feel like they were leading questions, I mean,  I did moan myself about Dan Burn and Dubravka today, but then I remember the shite we've been handed this season.  You're right, they'll say all that shit, then ask for Trippiers autograph if they see him driving outa the car park. 

Miggy getting absolute pelters, he wasn't amazing today, nobody was, but let's sell him in January? 

Edited by mighty__mag

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Christ, that last one.  I always wondered what happened to the ‘Magic Bike Ride’ radgie

Fuck me some of them are thick as fuck.

One of the lasses on Twitter a few days ago took part and shared one of those ‘What you are doing’ DOB information grabs. I said at the time that it astonished me that people still fall for it.

Today she is whinging that some of her friends have been ‘hacked’ and she has spent 2 days changing her passwords with the paranoia. I screenshotted the post she made a few days ago, and she nigh on having a go at me for giving her unwanted advice and saying she will be fine.

27 years old and absolutely fucking minced in the head man.

• 4 weeks later...

its been too long.

where is the fucking pre-game video!!?????

i want to sit and grin inanely at a boring 10 minute video of the lads in training.

and then do it all over again.

where is it?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!