James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

1 minute ago, STM said:

Leicester are in for a bad season, for whatever reason they have made an error financially and its going to cost them a drop down the league and probably their manager. They are a pretty well run club, so they will bounce back.

The point is that to a player like Maddison, he's not going to want to hang around while they rebuild. 

The point about having the same agent as Wood and Trippier is an excellent one on the previous page. I've said for ages that agents and their relations run the transfer window. I wonder if they came to us about their client. We probably didn't even know it was doable.

Biggest compliment I can give Maddison is that if he joined City or Liverpool, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I wanted Phillips at the start of the window but that's only because I thought Leeds were vulnerable. Maddison is every bit as exciting.

Maddison is more exciting. Goal scoring forwards/midfielders are the hardest players to buy. I'm still not sure how we managed to secure Wilson with the previous lot in charge.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s strange how we have bid more than the amount we have left to spend.

If this or anything like it goes through we'll get a "what I said was correct at the time, but the loan changed things" or some other bs.

This is probably the last window Leicester will be able to maximise his fee. At a push they might be able to get a similar fee in January, but every month less on his contract and they risk losing quite a few million.

Don’t get the impression we’re time wasters, chucking in “we tried” style bids of old.   You’d have to think there is dialogue between the clubs ongoing.  But if this was to happen it would just be announced that terms have been agreed with Leicester

8 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Percy hasnt reported anything. 

Edwards works for the Telegraph too, but it wouldn’t be the first time he’s been put back in his box by a more senior journo on his paper.