James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Lads, I say this quietly but I think he's ours.

Don't worry if it gets rejected, I think we will come to an agreement very soon and don't worry about personal terms, clubs don't bid without the nod from the player.

I suspect we've asked permission from PIF to go big on this one, as he is a game changer both literally and figuratively.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

There was an interview on Talksport today with Klopp on his thoughts for the new season he obviously praised Man City he mentioned Chelsea and Man U and said he thought Arsenal and Spurs would be very strong he then signed off by saying "and Newcastle haven't even started spending yet " 

We are in for a ride [emoji38]

So excited for the Journey, just wanna do my best to soak it all in.

If this takeover is anything comparable to when you give yourself a billion on Fifa career mode, then the first few seasons are always the most fun. 

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I can’t believe people are still seriously talking about Pacqueta which is nothing other than a rumour they’ve made up themselves on here.

May as well be asking if we’d prefer Maddison or De Bruyne.

I was gonna post the exact same message word for word a while ago.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

There was an interview on Talksport today with Klopp on his thoughts for the new season he obviously praised Man City he mentioned Chelsea and Man U and said he thought Arsenal and Spurs would be very strong he then signed off by saying "and Newcastle haven't even started spending yet " 

So Klopp is ITK

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Don't worry if it gets rejected, I think we will come to an agreement very soon and don't worry about personal terms, clubs don't bid without the nod from the player.

I suspect we've asked permission from PIF to go big on this one, as he is a game changer both literally and figuratively.

Yeah I think so too. 

The only transfer rumours that have made it this far have been the players we have signed plus Ekitike. 

Ekitike is an outlier because he was a young french lad, Mbappe his idol and PSG would have been a lifelong dream for him. That possibility of him signing for PSG is the only reason he isn't now a Newcastle player. 

Edited by Joey47

Just now, STM said:

Tell you something else mind, it's very interesting that it wasn't rejected out of hand, like the first bid. Tells me that they are seriously considering it.

Didn’t the first bid take a couple of hours to be rejected?

Bruno and Botman were big statements in terms of the quality we’re searching for, but I think getting Maddison from Leicester would be the biggest of the lot. Good young player at a Premier League club we couldn’t dream of competing against 12 months ago. Proper upset the apple cart signing if it happens.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Tell you something else mind, it's very interesting that it wasn't rejected out of hand, like the first bid. Tells me that they are seriously considering it.

They would have told us what they wanted after rejecting our first bid, safe to assume this won’t match it but it will be a lot closer.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I think this is likely to be rejected but Leicester will come to the table properly and negotiate. I've said £50m is the floor for what would seriously be considered.

Fully expect this to be rejected by the end of the day but we will surely meet in the middle at this point. 50 plus add ons taking it close to 60m.

The fact the press are taking about his replacement is another good sign they expect him to go. 

1 minute ago, Comegetasample said:

They're sweating on Foxes Forum like, reckon he won't go for less than 70m.

Be fucking hilarious if it goes through.

They are mental man.

Comparable to Sterling and Phillips, who both went for 45m and only has 2 years left on his contract and Leicester clearly need funds.