James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Just now, Skeletor said:

Who sprinkled some positivity into Baldwards Wheaties this morning?

He did finish it by saying he might just be angling for a new contract. Miserable twat.

Guest HTT II
41 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You’ll have to forgive me if I think Hope knows about as much as any of us on here.  Maddison bid came out of a clear blue sky but now he knows everything about our negotiations and intent re the player. 

Sorry, not buying it.  The NE hacks we’re exposed as being effectively locked out by our new management.  Which is a good thing. 

None of them have a clue, they don’t break stories these days, they cling to Twitter and social media gossip and forums like this and try and outdo each other to be the first to get something out, then they make a few follow up tweets to keep people engaged and 9/10 their shite never materialises as true. I like Hope and know him, he’s a top bloke, but he has zero inside info within the walls of NUFC other than what they all get fed by our press team which is basically a drip feed of basic generic shite like injuries, monitoring, looking at, hoping to sign, squad happy etc. stuff. 

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I know prices are mental at the minute but £45m for him as he’s got 2 years left on his contract seems pretty fair. 

I can’t see them going for it mind. 

I think £50m will do it. I doubt we'll go higher than that.

I honestly think he is worth the 60Mil.  One hell of a player and just what we need.

If we got him and Cornet along with the players we already signed this window we should be looking like a tasty team.

Frankly signing players and being linked to good players still feels quite surreal.

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I know prices are mental at the minute but £45m for him as he’s got 2 years left on his contract seems pretty fair. 

I can’t see them going for it mind. 

Depends on the add ons 

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Who sprinkled some positivity into Baldwards Wheaties this morning?

They didn’t, he managed to add the “angling for a new contract” factor in just to piss on our chips! Click bait cunt! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Really think they will want more of the payment up top.

I don't get why we are offering deals like this though because I'm sure FFP is only affected by the total transfer value, doesn't matter if it's paid in installments etc. Sure they know what they doing though.

Just now, Geordie Magpie said:

Really think they will want more of the payment up top.

I don't get why we are offering deals like this though because I'm sure FFP is only affected by the total transfer value, doesn't matter if it's paid in installments etc. Sure they know what they doing though.

It's not funds they are struggling with, but wages. Actually a spread out deal isn't a bad thing for them. 

They need to thin the squad though. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If it’s true it’s the clearest indication that Maddison wants the move. Also a sign we are willing to offer big big wages 

Could also be positioning for a bigger contract offer than the one Leicester currently have on the table for him. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's not funds they are struggling with, but wages. Actually a spread out deal isn't a bad thing for them. 

They need to thin the squad though. 

We are struggling with wages or Leicester are? 

I just don't get why we are offering such structured deals but I'm also not a financial expert or aware of workings inside the club.

Hopefully this is one gets done though. Him and Werner would wrap up a very good window, Cornet on top of this would be the icing on the cake 

I wonder how much "In Excess" of £45m is. Out of all the players to spunk our load on, Maddison is definitely a great choice, get Werner or Broja on loan and we're laughing for the season.