James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh Jamie Vardy missed 13 league games too.

Fofana missed 31 games.

Evans missed 19 games.

James Justin missed 25 games.

Jamie Vardy is going backwards and will possibly (an age thing) be as injury prone this season and they haven't replaced or look to replace.

Ciaran Clarke played 12 games

Trippier missed at least a third.

I'm not saying we'll finish above them this season, I will say if we don't there won't be much between us.

5 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I personally think you're blinded by the romance of the takeover and think the club is incapable of a poor decision or two.

Every man and their dog had us bidding for Harrison. The pursuit of Diaby reportedly went on for weeks if not months before we ended our interest.

:lol:

I'm blinded because I don't make huge assumptions about our transfer policy based on incomplete information?

Of course the owners are capable of error, they were far too public with our manager hunt and early transfer targets, but I have no idea how we value players, what information we're privy too and how receptive clubs are to selling. I have no idea if what they're doing is right or wrong.

It seems to be the consensus Diaby never went past the enquiry stage, while most credible sources have said the same about Harrison. It just sounds like testing the market to me.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yous are fucking nuts like, sorry. :lol: 

No problem at all with having the ambition to finish above Leicester, or it being a possibility, but a fucking expectation of it?

And we wonder why we have a supposedly undeserved reputation for being deluded and entitled.

Aye. 38 games of Wilson, Wood, ASM, Almiron, Fraser & Murphy - expecting that to finish above Leicester is barmy.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

To get this back on track from the inane ramblings let’s discuss the following. 

how likely is this to happen?

does the fee to close this represent value?

where would he fit?

does this impact/trigger us to sell say Miggy, Fraser or even say ASM?

25% yes -75%no

55 million i would say is value for both parties. Don't think we will go that high and still not sure he really wants to come here hence the 25/75

I think Howe sees him as playing where Almiron plays. He played there a load for leicester last season

Wouldn't have thought it means we have to move any of them on but if a good offer came in then who knows

26 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Wait...the Leicester regen is actually rated by their own fans?  :dowie: He's looked like Jack Colback 2.0 every time I've seen him play. Turns 24 in a month, yet too early to give him responsibility? :lol: Must be their Shola.

Dewsbury-Hall was class last season, no idea what you've been watching. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Because they also need to lower their wages which stand at 105% of income? 

Schmeichel is one of their highest earners, so they’ve already done that.

They’re under no pressure to sell Maddison at all, no matter what people may want to romanticise/justify our incredible low offers. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

:lol:

I'm blinded because I don't make huge assumptions about our transfer policy based on incomplete information?

Of course the owners are capable of error, they were far too public with our manager hunt and early transfer targets, but I have no idea how we value players, what information we're privy too and how receptive clubs are to selling. I have no idea if what they're doing is right or wrong.

It seems to be the consensus Diaby never went past the enquiry stage, while most credible sources have said the same about Harrison. It just sounds like testing the market to me.

We all only have incomplete information to judge by (apart from the deals we manage to close).

Phil Hay and Waugh both reported we'd bid 17.5m and many others implied this.

It is a minefield of conflicting information etc but if we have no intention of going to at least 55m on Maddison I'd say the attempt to sign him hasn't been a genuine one.

I just think you're extremely partisan when it comes to your view of the ownership which obviously comes from being a supporter but I try to remove that aspect when judging the club.

The owners have done some incredible things since taking over but they've also done some horribly amateurish things too.

That said, the club is night and day from what I ever could've expected it to be when under Ashley's ownership.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They’re under no pressure to sell Maddison at all, no matter what people may want to romanticise/justify our incredible low offers. 

It depends on whether they think he's going to sign a new deal really. If not then this summer is the time to sell him.

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Thank you.

Clearly it suggests a lack of knowledge and nous in the market.

I agree - many are blinded by the takeover and won't accept any criticism or missteps in our transfer dealings. We've been interested in players that we aren't prepared to spend the necessary money to bring in before. The annoying thing with Harrison. Is that we have the money for the asking price - we just don't want to pay it for him. Which is fine. But we've set our sights on someone else.. where I think it's likely we could end up in the same situation. Not prepared to pay what the selling club wants (but enough for some of our other targets). It's not a footballing thing, a budget thing but a value in the market thing. 

I don't think you can call it a lack of knowledge or nous when we have Ashworth in place. His reputation is second to none.

I get that we're trying to stretch our budget as far as humanly possible, I just think we either need to increase the budget or lower the profile of player we've targeted to date i.e. Diaby, Isaak, Maddison etc.

A serious bid by all accounts would've started at 50m in my opinion.

Although as Prophet has said, it is difficult to decipher what is going on when trying to piece everything together. Hope and Sky saying 2nd bid is 40m, Edwards says 45m, Romano says 50m etc. It could be the club have been given an indication 50m- 55m will get the deal done and are bidding upwards to that amount.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Thank you.

Clearly it suggests a lack of knowledge and nous in the market.

I agree - many are blinded by the takeover and won't accept any criticism or missteps in our transfer dealings. We've been interested in players that we aren't prepared to spend the necessary money to bring in before. The annoying thing with Harrison. Is that we have the money for the asking price - we just don't want to pay it for him. Which is fine. But we've set our sights on someone else.. where I think it's likely we could end up in the same situation. Not prepared to pay what the selling club wants (but enough for some of our other targets). It's not a footballing thing, a budget thing but a value in the market thing. 

Clearly :lol:

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

To take one of another club's best players you either pay close to what they want or you'll end up with fuck all. Especially for one of a PL club's best players.

Unless their DOF is Joe Kinnear and the player's name is Yohan Kebab.

12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They have several high earners. By losing him, they’ve saved around 3%, but obviously now need a replacement too. They still need to bring it down a lot further or else fall foul of the new FFP rules. 

20 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Says who? Only if they want to buy they do.

They could easily go into the season with the squad they have.

Tielemens is only in the shop window because of his contract, he may decide to extend it if nobody wants him.

Based on someone's info from the Leicester forum, they over extended their financials and due to no longer being in Europe they're going to miss FFP targets.

So they need to sell to offset their expected losses.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

I never understand why Ashworth can't just pick up the phone, speak to his counterpart, spend an hour on the phone and either come to an agreement or not. 

Saw a tweet yesterday to say Ashworth was actually physically at Leicester. Think it was from one of the usual whoppers though.