James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

If we were truly in for him, and preferred Spurs to us, he will regret it in years to come.

Not just sour grapes either. I can see the potential appeal of Arsenal, City, Liverpool or Manchester United over us. 

But Spurs? My God. They're downward trending, run by an idiot, not guaranteed top 6, no Champions League and they're absolutely buried if Kane leaves.

Edited by BlazeT44

17 minutes ago, RS said:

image.jpeg.abdd91a55e2e4ae99a7bf47c841ef604.jpeg
like this stereotype was ever not going to London. 

Pretty certain never had any interest in coming up here and that's fine. Not every footballer is going to be sold by the project/club/city.

I understand a lot of people don't like London but I totally get the appeal for a young footballer with certain priorities over others.

Not the end of the world, there are players out there that can still improve our team and the window is still young.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Moussa Diaby would be good against the better teams and when we are in transition. I prefer a technical creative flair type of player with decent pace. One that can be really effective against teams that sit back as well as against the better teams. We will have to evolve to progress even further. Have more versatility as a team in general. Diaby is good but I don’t think he is the one for us. He would also cost a bomb. 

We definitely need another player who can open teams up and score crucial goals in big games. I agree though Diaby will be too expensive.

The obvious has happened, then

I’m extremely dubious that we were genuinely after him after last summer.  We made a bid, Leicester wanted a shitload more, that was that.  Leicester would have happily watched a ‘bidding war’ if we’d even been remotely interested this summer.

An awful lot of people have set their heart on a player who can’t get past Trent Alexander Arnold in England’s midfield …

I don’t think he’s got the physical attributes to be a starter in our system. He’s built like a teenage boy with no shoulders and isn’t exactly quick. He would have helped against the low press sides with his passing and shooting, but plenty more fish in the sea.