James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

6 minutes ago, Ste said:

We're not far away from somebody writing Dan Ashworth erotica so I hope to fuck this transfer takes another week at least.

We were laughing at Forest fans in the match preview thread. I hope they aren't reading this ffs.

Leicester have rejected Newcastle’s latest offer for James Maddison and are reluctant to sell the midfielder unless they receive a bid of about £60m.

It is understood that Newcastle’s second bid for Maddison, who has two years left on his deal, was £45m plus £5m in add-ons.

If this is true (which seems accurate and the likely source of conflicting amounts) then we're really not that far apart.

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'd suggest closing the thread, but to be sure I think we should delete the forum and burn the server. 

Just roll back the members table to around August last year :lol:

54 minutes ago, Beth said:

£50m plus Dubravka would be a decent deal for us imo. Grealish is pretty much on par with Madison and the same age when he joined City for £100m. Now is not the time to be tight arses.

Crafty bastards ! That was the plan all along wasn't it ? Knew there had to be a plan behind it. Massively over pay for Grealish, everyone uses him as the measure.......and nobody can strengthen. "What's that you want to buy Jacob Murphy ? Well if Grealish went for 100mill that makes Jacob worth 40mill" and the whole thing g becomes locked.

Just now, reefatoon said:

The price will end up being undisclosed. This way nobody loses face. It’s going to happen though.

Unless we’ve made a final “take it or leave it” offer and refuse to go back. 

Maddison's really good like, but putting that amount of money down on him alone, in a position that isn't an immediate priority? Not for me Jeff, I'd be keeping Bruno in his influential role, going for a dedicated DM, and putting that money to use on Diaby or similar. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

Crafty bastards ! That was the plan all along wasn't it ? Knew there had to be a plan behind it. Massively over pay for Grealish, everyone uses him as the measure.......and nobody can strengthen. "What's that you want to buy Jacob Murphy ? Well if Grealish went for 100mill that makes Jacob worth 40mill" and the whole thing g becomes locked.

I don't think the fee is the issue tbh, its the way it'll be structured. Leicester are skint and will probably want the majority or all of it up front whereas we'd probably like to structure it over 4/5 years to lessen the effects of FFP.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Maddison's really good like, but putting that amount of money down on him alone, in a position that isn't an immediate priority? Not for me Jeff, I'd be keeping Bruno in his influential role, going for a dedicated DM, and putting that money to use on Diaby or similar. 

The amount of goal contributions he could add to us would be massive and less of a risk than say a Diaby or a ST that ends up sat on the bench behind Wilson.

Not a priority but to much of an improvement to pass up imo.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

I don't think the fee is the issue tbh, its the way it'll be structured. Leicester are skint and will probably want the majority or all of it up front whereas we'd probably like to structure it over 4/5 years to lessen the effects of FFP.

Most deals are structured now aren't they, at least I'm lead to believe they are and we've just seen how easy it is to bring forward monies. I don't think it would be the structure like that, more the basic figure and the add ons. For example an extra 5mill if we win the Champs league compared to an extra 5mill if we get in to Europe type thing.

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If this is true (which seems accurate and the likely source of conflicting amounts) then we're really not that far apart.

They've put a valuation of £60m on him which means they are ready to sell basically. Just a matter of whether we can get close enough for them to accept it. Which I'm sure we will since the deal is definitely there to be done.

Just now, BonesJones said:

The amount of goal contributions he could add to us would be massive and less of a risk than say a Diaby or a ST that ends up sat on the bench behind Wilson.

Not a priority but to much of an improvement to pass up imo.

Still say that even at £50m you’ll not get better value in any position for proven PL quality and the potential to grow.

Maybe Tielemens but he doesn’t seem to fancy it.

I think Maddison is a cracking player personally. Not many who can strike the ball so well with either foot. Yes it's a lot of money, but you could just as easily waste the same amount on two hopefuls who turn out to be shite.