James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

20 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I'm not worked up, just debating what is being reported in the national news.

I'm sure the club are assured by the fact that you're "comfortable" with them targeting Maddison over Aouar and Brandt though.

It's ironic that you fail to realise that you suggesting the club should target alternative players is any different to others suggesting the club could/should approach negotiations differently.

In fact, it is one and the same. You're pretty much on the same page as those you're ridiculing. People are essentially saying if we can't afford or won't go to the price of Maddison, Diaby etc we should go for other players and you've gone one step further by actually suggesting players the club could/should target.

If you can't see the difference then there isn't much else I can say. I wish you well man.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

What's this lad like who they are thinking of bringing as a replacement for Maddison? Houssem Aouar? Is he worth looking at?

I'm a big fan of his, stock was highest when they played City in the CL and he was fantastic, form has dropped a bit since then but still a fantastic footballer

I would be over the moon if we went for him as an alternative to Maddison 

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

What's this lad like who they are thinking of bringing as a replacement for Maddison? Houssem Aouar? Is he worth looking at?

He is a massive talent, was linked with big money moves to Arsenal and Spurs the last few summers. Some rumours of him being a bit of a bad character so not sure if that’s why his big move never materialised. 

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Lovely player, but in the last year or so has got a bit lost in the glut of talented players they have in midfield/attacking midfield, and also the changes in the formation they use hasn't helped.

He's a bit different to Maddison, but is very talented. Needs more consistent playing time, and clarity in what position he is used in and what role he is given IMO. He's in his last year and the last price I saw quoted for him was £13.5 million. I think someone will do very well to get him for that, and in the right situation he could really take off.

image.thumb.png.a858d56dad01d7784d08294849806661.png

36 minutes ago, Grooky said:

What’s the point in snide digs like this? Just lowers the level of discourse for everyone.

And your point makes no sense any way - every decision-maker in elite football is working with more information than any of us. Does that mean we should never critique a manger’s decision? “stop having a pop at Bruce’s line-ups - he’s working with far more data and intel than any of us!!!1”.

Who the fuck is sad enough and has the time to make all these bot accounts?? :lol:

It’s akin to a Russian influencing operation 

I saw Dan Ashworth at the Sainsburys in Heaton earlier. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for an update on Maddison.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the checkout was very nice about it and professional, and was like “here, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Lovely player, but in the last year or so has got a bit lost in the glut of talented players they have in midfield/attacking midfield, and also the changes in the formation they use hasn't helped.

He's a bit different to Maddison, but is very talented. Needs more consistent playing time, and clarity in what position he is used in and what role he is given IMO. He's in his last year and the last price I saw quoted for him was £13.5 million. I think someone will do very well to get him for that, and in the right situation he could really take off.

image.thumb.png.a858d56dad01d7784d08294849806661.png

If he's being drowned out at Lyon, is he going to manage at a Premier League team aiming to move up a notch or two?

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

If he's being drowned out at Lyon, is he going to manage at a Premier League team aiming to move up a notch or two?

Well, his competition there is Paqueta and here it will be Willock or Longstaff.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Well, his competition there is Paqueta and here it will be Willock or Longstaff.

It is now. Give it a year or so though. Would just seem an unnecessary gamble when we're only £5-10m short of having that position nailed down for the next 5-6 years.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

12 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm a big fan of his, stock was highest when they played City in the CL and he was fantastic, form has dropped a bit since then but still a fantastic footballer

I would be over the moon if we went for him as an alternative to Maddison 

They do know how to source good players early, Leicester. Might be worth sniffing around just to get them a bit more agreeable on selling Maddison.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It is now. Give it a year or so though. Would just seem an unnecessary gamble when we're only £5-10m short of having that position nailed down for the next 5-6 years.

I would still prefer Maddison, one thing I love about him is he seems very two footed, that's worth a lot in itself. But would be funny if we started looking at the player they are hoping to bring in as a replacement.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I saw Dan Ashworth at the Sainsburys in Heaton earlier. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for an update on Maddison.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the checkout was very nice about it and professional, and was like “here, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Sounds like him 

I saw him in the bookies near Chillingham

road (he wasn’t wearing a coat)

I said , Dan nice to meet you.

how’s things at Newcastle? 

No reply - just yawned in my face 

He took a Milky Way out his pocket and unwrapped it , but instead of eating the Milky Way he started using it as a pretend microphone ………

He slowly started singing the National anthem ….but in the tune of the blaydon races 

The woman behind the counter at the bookies , asked him to be quiet and she warned him he would be barred again if he continued with the ‘singing’ 

Dawn yawned loudly and screamed (madders is a Geordie) 

He ran up to the counter and put a tenner on England to win the World Cup 

I followed him out the bookies and spotted him asleep on the petrol forecourt next to four lane ends with a Milky Way up his arse 

3 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

100% 

£50m is a massive fee. If Leicester want silly money (which some teams have paid them in the past) then that's on them, but it doesn't mean we need to follow.

£50m plus Dubravka would be a decent deal for us imo. Grealish is pretty much on par with Madison and the same age when he joined City for £100m. Now is not the time to be tight arses.