Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 hours ago, Jaqen said:

He's looking better but over the course of the season he's going to let us down and cost us. There was chances on Saturday were he could have slid in with his right and another where he had a clear chance on his right about 6 years out and somehow ended up on the edge of the box trying to cut back on his left :lol:

He's high on energy but not great on technique. That's the package he offers, and fair play to him, he's managed to battle his way into the side at the moment. 

If the side is to move to another level, he's unlikely to be a first team regular, but he may remain a useful squad player. I think his pace and work rate will make him useful to have around.

7 hours ago, LV said:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I definitely found it hard to follow but that’s more to do with me being a fuckwit with numbers than the article itself. 

Do wages also come out of that £41m figure? 

Yes, but the £41m is just what he calculates the remaining amount from the £105m we're allowed to lose under FFP to be if our revenue stays the same as it was under Ashley. Which won't happen.

Edited by Jackie Broon

If you're thinking to yourself "I'll see if Chris Waugh's mailbag has any new snippets of info" don't bother. I want that five minutes if my life back.

The Daily Record are reporting we've signed a young keeper from East Fife though.

I like Maddison a lot, but I suspect that Leicester are going to stick with a high valuation that we won't reach.

Given the state of the squad, the priority has to be another striker anyway. Ideally the club would like to go for someone who is young but also ready to step into the first team, and there won't be many of those that haven't already been snapped up or earmarked for the CL clubs.

I think we'll have to settle for someone a bit older. We've been linked with so many that it gets confusing, but of the latest candidates, Raul de Tomas and Luis Muriel look like they can do a job for us. (Based on YT admittedly)

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If you're thinking to yourself "I'll see if Chris Waugh's mailbag has any new snippets of info" don't bother. I want that five minutes if my life back.

The Daily Record are reporting we've signed a young keeper from East Fife though.

Our athletic writers seem to be the only ones who don’t get exclusive transfer news, or many exclusives at all tbh. Every other club on twitter when you see breaking transfer news it comes from their representative who writes for the athletic, for whatever reason ours seem massively out of the loop.

4 minutes ago, NE27 said:

That seems pretty...scattergun doesn't it?

I would hope they're working on actual players, not just "attacking players"

Is it ? Is it not just a case of the club asking to be made aware if good players become available? I’m sure they have done the same with loads of  players across Europe.

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

That seems pretty...scattergun doesn't it?

I would hope they're working on actual players, not just "attacking players"

Sensible tbh. If we can’t get the young striker with potential we really wanted and are planning to invest in other areas instead (central midfield), then to bring in someone from a top six club to warm our bench seems a good idea. We need the cover.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I find it hard to believe that he's available for that amount like. There has to be something else going on. 

The French report suggests that €39m is the upfront fee they want, plus addons, which potentially could make the fee they're looking for a lot higher. 

Edited by Jackie Broon