Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Eddie is massivley overachieving with these players, he's made a running joke into one of the best pressing CMs in the league.

We need to support the poor man.

3 more needed, desperately.

All will be well in time anyway, obviously an incredibly well run club thank the lord, we're just greedy for more this season.

Just now, sempuki said:

This rumour smelled like bull from inception in my opinion.

The ITKs can say something one day then the next say "deal unlikely, hard to do". Makes them look busy when literally nothing ever happened.

Really need to get a striker through the door …and I’m sure we will …still no idea which striker it will be though. Wilson getting knocks too easily just highlights it more, aye we done great without him in the 2nd half of the season, but we do need more cover up front. I still have confidence we will get players in before the window shuts…it’s just rapidly getting closer to closing ?

If Pedro signs as seems likely now and we could sign one marquee player from Maddison, Paqueta, Diaby and Isak who would folk go for ?

I think as Pedro can probably play right across the front 3 I’d be most happy to see Maddison or Paqueta at this point. It also ensures that we have a creative midfielder in case Bruno misses any games.

17 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

How is Almiron responsible? Two goals where Willock was asleep.

Well mainly because he isn't good enough in general but also because of the chance he skied in the 1st half that should be getting buried at this level. 

And Longstaff should probably have started, no coincidence that Man City's chance creation was restricted when comparing when Longstaff was on the pitch as opposed to Willock.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Well mainly because he isn't good enough in general but also because of the chance he skied in the 1st half that should be getting buried at this level. 

And Longstaff should probably have started, no coincidence that Man City's chance creation was restricted when comparing when Longstaff was on the pitch as opposed to Willock.

If he'd skied it at 3-1 you'd have a point.

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

If he'd skied it at 3-1 you'd have a point.

Well the point is that he just isn't good enough and our lack of quality in RW will cost us points over a season and more than likely did on Sunday.

Paqueta will happen. We’re waiting because they are desperate for the cash to balance their books. It has to happen before the deadline for them, summer too late. They will accept a lower fee and we’ll have our primary target.

I suspect the Maddison move was all a ruse to raise doubt. LP has been a primary target all summer.

21 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Paqueta will happen. We’re waiting because they are desperate for the cash to balance their books. It has to happen before the deadline for them, summer too late. They will accept a lower fee and we’ll have our primary target.

I suspect the Maddison move was all a ruse to raise doubt. LP has been a primary target all summer.

#ITK

Sorry not a rumour, but I wonder if our people have reassessed or recalibrated their aims or how much the budget should be given how the transfer market has been going. There are lots of crazy-sounding fees out there. What may be thought of as a "Saudi tax" is probably just the new normal.

I thought Gordon looked useful against us and in the Liverpool derby, but 70M for him is very very high. Perhaps Grealish, Ben White, and Harry Maguire were just signs of what was to come.

12 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Sorry not a rumour, but I wonder if our people have reassessed or recalibrated their aims or how much the budget should be given how the transfer market has been going. There are lots of crazy-sounding fees out there. What may be thought of as a "Saudi tax" is probably just the new normal.

I thought Gordon looked useful against us and in the Liverpool derby, but 70M for him is very very high. Perhaps Grealish, Ben White, and Harry Maguire were just signs of what was to come.

Very well good be. Finances in the Premier League do not resemble anywhere else in the world from what I can tell.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

This place will melt down if Paqueta is signed on deadline day. 

The city will meltdown. There will be scenes at St James's I've no doubt about that. Brazilian flags all over the place.