Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Athletic mentioned Haidara also. 

Would be 10/10 window lol

Assuming 3 players, ST, CM, RW - one from each line would be perfect for top 6 challenge

Isak/Pedro

Paqueta/Haidara (would LOVE both!)

Pulisic/Diaby

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Seems we’re now after a DCM/Shelvey alternative rather than an attacking midfielder, with Howe happy with Almiron on the right… We won’t be buying Paqueta!

Well the bid for Maddison dispels that theory. 

Guest reefatoon

Paqueta will be here if Howe wants him. If he doesn't though, then that's fine with me.

Edited by reefatoon

The Maddison offers just seemed a bit odd, twice or three times bidding a fee that they knew would be turned down?

I just wonder if this stuff is the club getting into the dark arts, unsettling key players at other clubs or maybe just using them to further better value moves elsewhere?

44 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The Shelvey injury really is a bummer. Would really like us to be able to get Bruno out of the deeper role, at least in some games.

Why do people keep saying this? Real Madrid have him as their number one Casemiro replacement.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The Maddison offers just seemed a bit odd, twice or three times bidding a fee that they knew would be turned down?

I just wonder if this stuff is the club getting into the dark arts, unsettling key players at other clubs or maybe just using them to further better value moves elsewhere?

Didn't Paqueta's reported price come down around the same time? Might be fantasising but that bid might have been to provoke him into pushing for his move. He wants to play in the PL and while it's not a requirement that he joins his best mate, I think if the opportunity was disappearing he might take action.

"Their talks with Watford about Pedro are believed to be continuing and there is a long-standing interest in the Brazil midfielder Lucas Paquetá, who has been repeatedly watched by representatives from Newcastle"

58 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The Shelvey injury really is a bummer. Would really like us to be able to get Bruno out of the deeper role, at least in some games.

It is and it isn't.  He wasn't the answer long term and if it means we end up getting an upgrade in at CM, I'm guessing loan with an option/obligation to buy, then I'm all for it.