Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Buzzing that we might actually have a quality bench after this week too 

Could well have Isak and Pedro on the bench for Wolves and almost certainly for Liverpool. And who know who else at this rate. 

Latest on Paqueta from L'Equipe: 

Transfers: OL rejects nearly €50m bid from West Ham for Lucas Paqueta

Lyon have rejected a proposal from the Hammers close to €50m, including bonuses, for the Brazilian midfielder. They expect almost €10 million more.

While OL is still unable to sell the players on which it no longer counts, starting with Moussa Dembélé and Houssem Aouar, it could see its end of the mercato animated by the Lucas Paqueta case. The Brazilian international midfielder, the biggest market value of the Rhone squad, is not opposed to the idea of changing air this summer, even if he would not mind staying in Lyon less than three months before the World Cup. The left-hander, who has earned his place as a starter in the Seleçao (33 caps, 7 goals), has great ambitions with Brazil and does not want to put himself in danger as the competition approaches.

But OL seems to have had planned his sale this summer, or at least has opened the door for several months. Paqueta's rating is indeed at its peak, three years from the end of his contract, and the Rhone leaders have long hoped to beat the club's record sale (Ndombele to Tottenham in 2019, € 60 million [and € 10 million of bonus]) with the former AC Milan player. This may not be the case: Paqueta had not received a firm offer until this Wednesday, although several Premier League clubs have met with his representatives and expressed their interest.

The player's representatives are in London

As revealed this Wednesday by Sky Sports, West Ham was the first to draw a proposal. It is close to 50 M€, including bonuses, according to our information, and was immediately rejected by OL. Sources at the club also explained during the day that the positions were quite distant: OL expects at least 10 M€ more. For his part, Paqueta trained normally today. The latter also has no financial agreement with the Hammers, who will certainly have to make great efforts on the salary to attract him to London.

The Brazilian representatives of the player are currently in the English capital to discuss with several Premier League clubs, and be ready in case of an offer accepted by OL. For the moment, West Ham does not intend to raise its offer much higher, but the Hammers could still come back to the charge before the weekend. Lyon are still hoping to get a higher price for Paqueta than the one obtained for the sale of Bruno Guimaraes to Newcastle (€51 million including bonuses).

Paqueta not opposed to this idea

The Magpies could also be an option for the Lyon playmaker, and some intermediaries with a strong presence in England were supposed to bring an offer from the Premier League's new rich man for Paqueta. However, the likely €70m purchase of Alexander Isak (Real Sociedad) could put a strain on Newcastle's summer budget and keep the deal off the table.

Paqueta, however, would not be completely closed to the idea of joining West Ham, since playing in a club outside the top 5 of the Premier League does not prevent from being a starter in the Seleçao: Richarlison (Everton), Raphinha (Leeds) or Coutinho (Aston Villa) have been very recent examples of this. But he knows that some circumstances could help him to have better. Manchester City, for example, has targeted him in case of the departure of Bernardo Silva, who wants to change air and has been mentioned at Barcelona and PSG. The next few days will be decisive for Paqueta, but also for OL: in case of departure of the Brazilian, and without a replacement of the same level, the team of Peter Bosz, 8th of L1 last season, would not necessarily come out very strengthened from the mercato.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

I think we are in for a more defensive midfielder though…

It's interesting we've been linked with both central midfielders that get forward and more defensive ones.

I'm beginning to think we are looking at both types, and looking to get the best midfielder we can get regardless of which of those categories they fall into.

And then depending who that is it will then determine what role Bruno plays.

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Manc? 

Krafth went above him and then Howe just brought on Trippier in a game where I'm sure he'd rather not play him. It may have to be, but I have a feeling we'll at least see what's out there.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm not gonna say no, but I don't see the hype with Gallagher all that much like. He'd be bottom of the list of possibilities for me.

Ditto. Tailed off at Palace IMO. Wasn’t great against us which is my usual test. Was awful against Leeds for Chelsea.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, duo said:

A front line of :

ASM - Isak - Pedro 

Shouts pace, creativity and goals :giggs:

Have you not enjoyed tonight’s frontline of Ritchie - Wood - Murphy