Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

45 minutes ago, Cronky said:

That is the biggest exaggeration in the history of the Universe.

Depends how you rate the players named.

I think Bruno is top 4 quality and Joelinton is top 6. Where as Longstaff is a bottom 6 player (even that is generous).

I don't fault his effort but he is so slow over the first 5 yards, stupidly ponderous on the ball and he gives the ball away for fun.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Oh now ur agreeing he did say it but It just meant something different :lol:

Yeah I just watched it again and he did say it, doesn't change your theory on the budget being a load of shite though (it actually enforces this because they were looking to bring Pedro in anyway before Isak become available).

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I think Bruno is top 4 quality and Joelinton is top 6. Where as Longstaff is a bottom 6 player (even that is generous).

I don't fault his effort but he is so slow over the first 5 yards, stupidly ponderous on the ball and he gives the ball away for fun.

Yeah, rooting for the lad after that really endearing interview but I doubt he makes it into any PL starting 11.

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Is Big Joe really top 6? What top 6 side would get into? I think Joelinton is improving massively, but top 6 is a bit of ridiculous statement despite him being Brazilian :lol:

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Hope we see another big push for someone to enhance the mid with bruno 

That would be the biggest impact signing for sure IMO. As much as Miggy is average, he can contribute with Isak and Bruno moving defenders around and threading balls though. 

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah I just watched it again and he did say it, doesn't change your theory on the budget being a load of shite though (it actually enforces this because they were looking to bring Pedro in anyway before Isak become available).

We were looking to bring pedro in way under the £40m budget. Wilson gets injured and as Howe put it things changed slightly. There were clearing meetings after Wilson got injured. As o said before you even started arguing the reasons things changed slightly was open to interpretation but keep on arguing she trying to prove me wrong. 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

We were looking to bring bruno in way under the £40m budget. Wilson gets injured and as Howe put it things changed slightly. There were clearing meetings after Wilson got injured. As o said before you even started arguing the reasons things changed slightly was open to interpretation but keep on arguing she trying to prove me wrong. 

Bruno was signed in January, so what has that to do with the Summer budget? 

Just now, Flip said:

Is Big Joe really top 6? What top 6 side would get into? I think Joelinton is improving massively, but top 6 is a bit of ridiculous statement despite him being Brazilian :lol:

In a midfield 3 he's top 6.

I think the only midfield he doesn't get in to is City.

I'd have him over Keita, Henderson, Milner, Jones and Elliott at Liverpool and they all get plenty of game time.

McTominay and Fred aren't anywhere near Joelinton's level yet play regularly.

He'd get regular minutes at Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal too.

What I would say is, he needs to play in a 3 man midfield. I don't think he'd work in a 2.

If the plan changed after Wilson was injured, that supports the idea that the budget isn't strict and we're being quite pragmatic.

That strict £80 million budget we were consistently told about all summer, has already been stretched to £115 million with potentially more to come.

I don't expect any more major signings this week, but if one of our major targets suddenly became available, I don't think they'd rule it out.

When the budget was mentioned was that not in relation to how much was paid upfront on fees?

People keep taking full fees into account when discussing the budget, when it is very unlikely that is how things are being calculated.

Just now, KaKa said:

When the budget was mentioned was that not in relation to how much was paid upfront on fees?

People keep taking full fees into account when discussing the budget, when it is very unlikely that is how things are being calculated.

Hi Luke!

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I doubt we would disclose any budget to journalists.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I meant to say pedro. Since changed it 

Fair enough. We don't have a strict budget though, if the right players become available at the right price then they will be coming in. Prophet has summed up my thoughts on the budget 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I doubt we would disclose any budget to journalists.

Yeah, you can doubt it if you want that's fine.

But I think if we actually looked at how much was paid upfront on each deal, we'll likely find it wasn't too far off the budget multiple sources quoted at the start of the window.

2 hours ago, Flip said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/west-ham-united-engwest_ham/story/4731550/brazils-lucas-paqueta-is-a-surefire-world-cup-starter-west-ham-fans-should-be-excited

Should have the same impact for West Ham as Bruno did for us. That being said, PL is an odd league and more talented players have failed to adapt. 

Interesting. The article also seems to hint that he's a bit of a prima donna, and that may have put Eddie off. There's only room for one at the club.

Just to confirm, I mean ASM.

36 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

"Is that because the budget is exhausted?

"Your words Luke, not mine."

Did Howe say that? Says a lot while saying nothing :lol:

all I’ve ever meant about the budget is we won’t be going mad. Which is why I’m not surprised it’s now only loans we are looking at that 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Interesting. The article also seems to hint that he's a bit of a prima donna, and that may have put Eddie off. There's only room for one at the club.

Just to confirm, I mean ASM.

I heard he takes up three spaces with his Lambo. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, you can doubt it if you want that's fine.

But I think if we actually looked at how much was paid upfront on each deal, we'll likely find it wasn't too far off the budget multiple sources quoted at the start of the window.

It could be, but the point still stands.