Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

It doesn't make much sense tbh. If he's any good, why would West Ham do a deal to send him here when we are possible competition for the European slots? Like the Alvarez deal just seems to be let's have a go and see if it might happen. You'd like to think there are more doable deals bubbling away in the background.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

It doesn't make much sense tbh. If he's any good, why would West Ham do a deal to send him here when we are possible competition for the European slots? Like the Alvarez deal just seems to be let's have a go and see if it might happen. You'd like to think there are more doable deals bubbling away in the background.

West Ham fans think he’s refusing to renew his contract with 12 month left on it.

Just now, LFEE said:

West Ham fans think he’s refusing to renew his contract with 12 month left on it.

Ah ok, then they might be amenable to do a deal after all. Didn't realise he was down to his last year.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I thought we'd be a bit more busy with outgoings.

Who are we going to sell?

Nobody will pay us for the players we won't register, and they're likely on PL wages so will be really hard to shift even for free.

The only players anyone will want to take are those who are very important to us.

With Krafth and Shelvey out long term and dubravka away

The 25 just about picks itself with what we've got left currently does it not? Not sure if am.missing anyone obvious below. But.

Pope/Darlow/Gillespie

Trippier/Manquillo

Schar/Lascelles

Botman/Burn/Fernandez

Targett/Dummett

Bruno/Anderson

Joelinton/longstaff

Willock/Ritchie

Isak/Almiron

Wilson/Wood

ASM/Fraser/Murphy

1 minute ago, jack j said:

The 25 just about picks itself with what we've got left currently does it not? Not sure if am.missing anyone obvious below. But.

Pope/Darlow/Gillespie

Trippier/Manquillo

Schar/Lascelles

Botman/Burn/Fernandez

Targett/Dummett

Bruno/Anderson

Joelinton/longstaff

Willock/Ritchie

Isak/Almiron

Wilson/Wood

ASM/Fraser/Murphy

Anderson doesn't use a squad place so if Lewis stays he'll be in the squad.

Just now, jack j said:

Pope/Darlow/Gillespie

Trippier/Manquillo

Schar/Lascelles

Botman/Burn/Fernandez

Targett/Dummett

Bruno/Anderson

Joelinton/longstaff

Willock/Ritchie

Isak/Almiron

Wilson/Wood

ASM/Fraser/Murphy

Lewis is missing.

Anderson doesn't need to be registered

I would get rid of Ritchie ideally and bring in new AM. 

Get rid of Murphy and bring in new RW. 

Even Fernandez can go for a CB/DM hybrid like Dedoncker or Alvarez

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

Lewis is missing.

Anderson doesn't need to be registered

I would get rid of Ritchie ideally and bring in new AM. 

Get rid of Murphy and bring in new RW. 

Even Fernandez can go for a CB/DM hybrid like Dedoncker or Alvarez

Ahh Lewis forgot about him

And aye I'd obviously like to see a few incomings was just thinking out loud what we have currently

Edited by jack j

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

Anderson doesn't use a squad place so if Lewis stays he'll be in the squad.

Lewis should be in the squad anyway ahead of Dummett, who barely looks capable of passing 6 yds these days. He's not a good full back any more, and we have far better options in central defence.

Doubt there will be much movement now maybe a midfielder on loan if we are lucky. If stories of a budget were even a fraction true then we’ve spent over it already. Also I don’t really buy in to this Howe keeping his cards close to his chest stuff as (I may be wrong) he was pretty open and up front about what we needed and wanted to do towards the end of the window in January. Let’s also not forget he’s been very consistent about needing 1 maybe 2 In. The only thing that maybe changed that was the injury to krafth

would love to be wrong 

Edited by gdm

He’s given nothing away in terms of transfers all summer Re: incomings. Particularly wouldn’t make sense to say anything about needing a player days before the window closes either. 

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Taking it with a pinch of salt, but disappointing if we don’t manage to sign a RW in two windows. A position that has been a priority. Time will tell. 

Howe has already confirmed that he expects Isak to play with Wilson, which leads me to believe Isak is the right sided forward moving forward.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Howe has already confirmed that he expects Isak to play with Wilson, which leads me to believe Isak is the right sided forward moving forward.

I thought he said that be could play with Wilson rather than he expects him too?

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I've read but it's not quite like that. Isak is mainly a CF but he can play with Wilson too, like Howe said. It doesn't change the fact that if Wilson is injured then we still dont have a proper right sided player if Isak plays centrally.

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Did Isak play on the right of a 3 at sociedad at any point? All a can find him playing is up top on his own or as a 2

28 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Who are we going to sell?

Nobody will pay us for the players we won't register, and they're likely on PL wages so will be really hard to shift even for free.

The only players anyone will want to take are those who are very important to us.

Fede and Ritchie could be decent loan options for Championship clubs.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yup Isak covers both positions like Pedro would have 

Just now, gdm said:

Yup Isak covers both positions like Pedro would have 

He can't cover both though if Wilson is out. Which is the main reason we must get a wide player in for at least decent depth. ASM injury record isn't exactly great either.

Whatever happens it’s just reassuring to know we’ve got a team of talented industry experts leading our acquisitions and disposals, I’ll put my trust in them to make the right decisions on how much to spend, who to recruit and why. 

It’s the polar opposite to the previous regime.

Edited by bobbydazzla