Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, KaKa said:

God please ... close the window. Just close it now in fact.

So we no longer have to argue about budgets and player positions. 

after we make our signings 😂 

15 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Bollocks, he didn't say anything of the sort about Wilson's injury being the reason. If a player becomes available at the right price then the money will be made available. 

There is 100% an interview where he said things changed slightly after Wilson’s injury. In terms of price is down to interpretation but come on we are on verge of signing pedro before the injury then we go back to Isak after it. Something changed. I think reading between the lines of what he said that’s exactly what happened

But aye bollocks :lol:

Edited by gdm

Just now, duo said:

Eddie has all but confirmed that business is done

No he hasn't. He said we are focusing on loans :lol:

Though he left a bit of wiggle room for a possibility for a permanent transfer, though unlikely.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

God please ... close the window. Just close it now in fact.

So we no longer have to argue about budgets and player positions. 

No-one "has" to argue - you are all just choosing to ffs :lol:

2 hours ago, Flip said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/west-ham-united-engwest_ham/story/4731550/brazils-lucas-paqueta-is-a-surefire-world-cup-starter-west-ham-fans-should-be-excited

Should have the same impact for West Ham as Bruno did for us. That being said, PL is an odd league and more talented players have failed to adapt. 

Yep they went there with Felipe Anderson, was a total fail. I'd dare stick my neck out and say Lyon make players look better than they are, Traore of Villa is an example, he was unstoppable at Lyon.

I think Pedro could still happen late on, if Watford change their tune. It seems the deal was all but signed, and personal terms agreed, so if they do change their mind it would be pretty quick to finalise. 

if we're done it's still been a good window. if we get more that's just gravy at this point

[engages troll mode] unfortunately for the bed wetters we're not going to recycle the entire squad in 2 windows.

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

I think Pedro could still happen late on, if Watford change their tune. It seems the deal was all but signed, and personal terms agreed, so if they do change their mind it would be pretty quick to finalise. 

Find a compromise. £27.5m up front. £2.5m if we make the CL. Played as a #10 at the weekend and was fantastic apparently. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

There is 100% where he said things changed slightly after Wilson’s injury. In terms of price is down to interpretation but come on we are on verge of signing pedro before the injury then we go back to Isak after it. Something changed 

I watched his conference and he didn't say that at all. When asked the question he was keen to point out that Wilson's injury was not serious and that they both could play together. You stick to your budget though and let's see what happens.

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

if we're done it's still been a good window. if we get more that's just gravy at this point

[engages troll mode] unfortunately for the bed wetters we're not going to recycle the entire squad in 2 windows.

As any true northerner will tell you though, a dinner/tea without gravy is pointless having in anyway.

28 minutes ago, Cronky said:

That is the biggest exaggeration in the history of the Universe.

No, that is the biggest exaggeration in the history of the Universe.

(I'm Spartacus etc)  :iamatwat:

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I watched his conference and he didn't say that at all. When asked the question he was keen to point out that Wilson's injury was not serious and that they both could play together. You stick to your budget though and let's see what happens.

Mate I’ve literally heard him saying and a journalist has quoted him saying it. The injury to Wilson made us change slightly.   I could give you footage of him saying what Waugh has quoted him saying and you’d still argue you were right :lol:

oh look another journalist saying it after howe Interview 

Edited by gdm

29 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Keep seeing this. I don't think I've ever seen him play anywhere other than in the middle. Has he played on the right much before?

Someone posted his touches and runs against Barca. Almost exclusively on the right inside channel. The actual positions don’t vary much from the positions Almiron takes up.  Think Henry at Arsenal. A lot of time in the channel. 

it’s not the same as RW In a 433 but you can see how it would work. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Mate I’ve literally heard him saying and a journalist has quoted him saying it. The injury to Wilson made us change slightly.   I could give you footage of him saying what Waugh has quoted him saying and you’d still argue you were right :lol:

Changed slightly as in they didn't go for Pedro when Isak become available. Pedro was well in the works before Wilson got his injury. Isak had been on the list of top targets since January, but Sociadad did not want to sell. As I said you stick to your budget theory. 

Chris Waugh said the same in The Athletic.  

Plans changed decisively after the City game. Seeing how good we could be and the massive gulf after Wilson was injured.  With the Chairman there they pivoted decisively.  

You can link all the articles from established journalists or quotes from Howe. People don’t care they want to stick to their opinion. 

The evidence suggests the plans changed after City.  Some won’t accept that. 

14 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Changed slightly as in they didn't go for Pedro when Isak become available. Pedro was well in the works before Wilson got his injury. Isak had been on the list of top targets since January, but Sociadad did not want to sell. As I said you stick to your budget theory. 

Oh now ur agreeing he did say it but It just meant something different :lol:

if we don’t spend more, unlike you I wont be giving it the I told you so pish 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Chris Waugh said the same in The Athletic.  

Plans changed decisively after the City game. Seeing how good we could be and the massive gulf after Wilson was injured.  With the Chairman there they pivoted decisively.  

You can link all the articles from established journalists or quotes from Howe. People don’t care they want to stick to their opinion. 

The evidence suggests the plans changed after City.  Some won’t accept that. 

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Isak didn’t become available.  We played well, Wilson got injured. The Chairman and the leadership team decided to increase what we were willing to pay for our actual top target and sent a delegation to Sociedad the next day to get a deal done.  

In reality it was a fairly big pivot.