Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Am I the only one that gets a little disappointed when they see either SUPERTOON or The Prophet have posted in this thread, and you open it up and its not an embedded tweet? :lol:

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Despite reports in the Athletic today, if Chelsea were to sign PEA and Zaha it wouldn't surprise me if Pulisic was made available for loan.

Especially because he is really pushing for a move to play regularly in the lead up to the World Cup. I agree.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Hope reporting Maitland Miles interest. No thanks. 

Would take on loan ahead of no-one else lol.

Didn't pull up any trees in Italy last season, played both full back positions, both wings, CM and DM last year lol. If howe fancies I'd take him on loan.

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Given the injuries we already have, would Pulisic be a wise signing given his record?

I'd be very happy with him, but there's some risk associated.

He is levels above Miggy, Fraser and Murphy so it is a no brainer, especially a loan deal.

Fraser is injury prone as it is. 

Howe touched on it today, we train and play at 100% every game. Unfortunately, the trade off to that approach is soft tissue injuries during busy fixture periods.

Pulisic pushes Miggy to the bench who in turn removes Ritchie or Dummett from the squad. Under Howe, a strong squad will be essential and Maitland-Niles and Pulisic would add some good depth. In the case of the latter it would also be a major uplift in quality.

13 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

He is levels above Miggy, Fraser and Murphy so it is a no brainer, especially a loan deal.

Fraser is injury prone as it is. 

Howe touched on it today, we train and play at 100% every game. Unfortunately, the trade off to that approach is soft tissue injuries during busy fixture periods.

Pulisic pushes Miggy to the bench who in turn removes Ritchie or Dummett from the squad. Under Howe, a strong squad will be essential and Maitland-Niles and Pulisic would add some good depth. In the case of the latter it would also be a major uplift in quality.

Pulisic would be more productive over 20 games than Miggy/Fraser/Murphy would be in 38. Definitely worth the risk.

Add AMN to that and you've added quality to the starting XI and added depth to the squad with two loans.

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Okay, well if so, then they were wrong.

However, I think people that thought there was no budget were wrong too.

Can't believe this discussion is STILL going. We probably have a set budget as a ballpark number but we would never let journalists and the whole world to know the number. Transfers been reported as just the upfront payment has never been a thing.

Disappointed in you Kaka, day ruined.

Edited by Pata

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Especially because he is really pushing for a move to play regularly in the lead up to the World Cup. I agree.

can’t help but feel angry given he’s the American captain and talisman and he’s got an American owner too. 

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Can't believe this discussion is STILL going. We probably have a set budget as a ballpark number but we would never let journalists and the whole world to know the number. Transfers been reported as just the upfront payment has never been a thing.

Disappointed in you Kaka, day ruined.

52b6cc24cbc55289e224635941e17f6123db049a

3 hours ago, Ikon said:

Despite that we have been linked with wingers for two windows now? And all the noise say that we have been looking for wide players :lol:

We allegedly put in a bid for Diaby. I think maybe we got some indication that it was doable in the future, and want to avoid having 4 RWs in reserve.

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Keep seeing this. I don't think I've ever seen him play anywhere other than in the middle. Has he played on the right much before?

Do Sociedad play with a right winger? Don't think they did last season. He played on the right side of a pair, so it's safe to assume his ability in that area of the pitch has been observable, Howe may have concluded that what he offers in those areas is exactly what we need from that position,