Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

35 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He last won a cap over three years ago. A transfer to Villa didn’t occur because of how he played there on loan (shite). He hasn’t been selected for Chelsea, seemingly because he simply wasn’t good enough. At coming up to 29, sadly, he’s seemingly done man. We’re not the club to resurrect his career. Being given away by Chelsea, he should be being snapped up by a lower PL team hoping to hit lucky, or a good championship team even, but even that’s not currently happening. I can see the likes of Rangers taking a punt. 

Obviously I'm speculating here, but the fact he hasn't moved to a lower PL team strongly suggests he doesn't appreciate how lucky he's been. Nowt I hate more than a player who flops at their 300k pw job, then refuses to take a reasonable salary.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

We don’t seem to be interested in these type of deals but if Grillitzch (sp?) is still going for free, he’d be a very solid cover for Bruno.

I’ve been thinking this all summer but *apparently* he has a stinking attitude and why a number of clubs have walked away from a deal for him (inc Brighton)

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Obviously I'm speculating here, but the fact he hasn't moved to a lower PL team strongly suggests he doesn't appreciate how lucky he's been. Nowt I hate more than a player who flops at their 300k pw job, then refuses to take a reasonable salary.

I’d imagine that At 300K a week it’s very easy to convince yourself that you’re just on the brink of a breakthrough.

4 minutes ago, buzza said:

Lots of stuff about Tielemans and also haidara at leipzig.

Understandable that Longstaff is not deemed good enough to cover in there, he is allright at closing games out when we are a goal or two up but he gets caught in possession too much and is too slow on the ball release...

Stopped an almost inevitable goal in the early stages against Wolves.

2 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I’d imagine that At 300K a week it’s very easy to convince yourself that you’re just on the brink of a breakthrough.

I think on 300k a week it would be easy to convince yourself you're the Queen of fucking Sheba.

Really don't understand the mindset of club agrees to pay you X amount for 5 years and then expecting the player a couple of years down the line to say sorry you're paying me too much you should be paying me Y.

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I’ve been thinking this all summer but *apparently* he has a stinking attitude and why a number of clubs have walked away from a deal for him (inc Brighton)

I’d read it was his wages or his agent asking for a large commission. Always something.

49 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Would be happy with either Haidara (my prefernece) or Tielemans

I'm with you, would prefer Haidara as he's better defensively. Tielemans is a very good footballer in general but I think we don't have a midfield destroyer as such, other than Joelinton, and he seems to operate more left side. Tielemans seems better at the attacking side of the game, not sure he'd fit into Eddie's pressing style so well.

Barkley has averaged less than 3 goals a year since he started playing. Most defenders average more than that. Who exactly is suggesting that he's the answer to our goal scoring issue?

There's a reason he's never advanced in his career. 

29 minutes ago, KDT said:

Really don't understand the mindset of club agrees to pay you X amount for 5 years and then expecting the player a couple of years down the line to say sorry you're paying me too much you should be paying me Y.

Yeah, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying I have no sympathy for anybody in that situation.

i think if you've earned 300k per week [10 average annual salaries PER WEEK], for 4 years [208 weeks], you should be in a position to consider a £40k per week salary. Of course it's understandable, if I could earn 300k per week for doing nothing of any note, then the very idea of 40k per week to actually put myself on the line would be madness.