Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Nine said:

He’d have a better goal/assist output no doubt but as fitting in our overall style you’d get more out of Miggy imo. Moura has been on a physical downturn for a little while now.

Has he? 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

He’d have a better goal/assist output no doubt but as fitting in our overall style you’d get more out of Miggy imo. Moura has been on a physical downturn for a little while now.

Moura played a fair bit last season. Still looked as quick and dynamic as usual. Can't remember thinking he'd slowed down at all.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Has he? 

Going off of what a Spurs mate has to say.. don’t get me wrong he’d be useful for us but I personally don’t think he’s the type of profile we’d go for now. 

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Any reason why?

Spurs got loads of attacking options. He's not gonna get much game time there is he?

I don’t see Howe wanting him in for the long term and wouldn’t sign him just for the short term either. Just doesn’t fit with the profile we are looking at. Would I take him? Yes, as he is better than no one. Much rather see us go for Pedro. Which should be doable and probably not a good idea to wait either. 

Edited by Ikon

8 minutes ago, Nine said:

I’m almost certain he was quoted as saying this back in Jan.. 

Asked if he would be open to loans, Howe said: “Yes, the structure of the transfer doesn’t matter to me. It’s about the individual.

"Matt Targett came in as a loan player, but committed to everything and felt like a Newcastle player from day one. Another individual’s character might be different, and you get the feeling they’re just here for a set time – and will then move on.

"I’d be reluctant to do those types of transfers, so it’s all about the person – and them committing to the club and team.

“It’s a feel you get from speaking to them and the agent. You’ll sense the commitment from the player very early. If you’re going to sign a player, they have to be committed to your club.”

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Asked if he would be open to loans, Howe said: “Yes, the structure of the transfer doesn’t matter to me. It’s about the individual.

"Matt Targett came in as a loan player, but committed to everything and felt like a Newcastle player from day one. Another individual’s character might be different, and you get the feeling they’re just here for a set time – and will then move on.

"I’d be reluctant to do those types of transfers, so it’s all about the person – and them committing to the club and team.

“It’s a feel you get from speaking to them and the agent. You’ll sense the commitment from the player very early. If you’re going to sign a player, they have to be committed to your club.”

Fair enough, not sure if this is the quote I was thinking of but if you read between the lines there it would suggest he’d at least prefer a future fee.

No reason a loan player can't be committed to the club but only be here for a seasons loan. The two things arent impossible to coexist. But its understandable why you'd want a loan player to always have the potential to join permanently. 

Not surprised like, if I was Watford there’s no way I’d sell Joao or Sarr, but would prioritise keeping Joao. They’re coming back to the premier league with those lads. I’d be up for buying Joao but loaning him back to Watford for this season if it meant securing him from next season